Prognosticator's Predictions Game 28 UConn at Villanova | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 28 UConn at Villanova

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Last time was a close game with our iron 5 getting the win. We have added Caroline to the mix. Will be difficult for Nova to pack the lane. No blow tomorrow.

UConn 70 Nova 60.

Reaction Score
. . . UConn could make this game ugly really fast if Olsen and Maddy are slowed down.
What concerns me is our inability to hold an early big lead. That's the fatigue factor biting us. Not so worried about our defense, but we can win this only with good FG and FT %%, low TOs, and discipline on foul commission right from the start. That combo isn't asking too much, is it?

A hesitant MOV of +3.

Reaction Score
I have never seen so many Uconn fans pick Uconn to lose and by such a big margin, not even against #1 SC. This is crazy.
Pronosticators playing the odds, the Huskies playing with fire, the injuries, the fatigue and the lack of a productive bench versus Geno's genius, Uconn pride and tradition. Recipes for an upset or will Uconn be the catalyst of another desperate rebound? Uconn 75, Villanova 65

Reaction Score
The girls are fatigued. All the turnovers in a game that was not a run and shoot contest indicate mental and physical fatigue. They need an energy spark. Maybe more minutes for Patterson. Let her use her defense on Novas top scorer.
Nova by 5. 75-70.

Reaction Score
I think Caroline will make the difference for all aspects of the game -- forcing Villanova to guard her at the perimeter thereby opening up the paint, and also freeing up Lou and Nika. Dalce dominated in the paint for much the last game. But I expect Aaliyah and Dorka will have her figured out this time. Assuming no other injuries, I'm going optimistic:

UConn 79 - Villanova 62
MoV 17

Reaction Score
UCONN 75
‘Villanova 65

PS: The UCONN team is exhausted right now, but I believe in the players and the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom