Prognosticators Game One (CAL) Predictions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game One (CAL) Predictions

Reaction Score
Those later scores are more like it. Anyone familiar with Cal expects them to be a bottom dweller in the Pac 12. I watched the Harvard game and it was no real surprise that the game was close. I thought Cal had a chance to win but they have trouble scoring. It will be a long year, but help is on its way next season. Actually Harvard is not as good as they were last season.

Reaction Score
The focus this week will be on defense. I'm saying UConn 65, Cal 45.

Reaction Score
UConn 64 Cal 57

Ania 8 Rebs 9 points 3 assists,, 3 blks,
A.Griffin---9 Rebs 10 points,, 6 blks
Olivia -----11 points 9 rebs 5 assists, 2 fouls, 6 blks
Evelyn---2 points 3 Rebounds
Walker--22 points 7 rebs 5 assists
CW----- 9 points 10 assists, 2 steals, , 3 blks
Danger--2 points, l4 assists
Irwin---3 regs, 2 points
Bent-- 2 points, assists
Evina--still waiting
Broadway has UConn with 18 blocks. Don’t know about the block party but we will be celebrating a solid 25 point win.
UConn 86 - 61

Reaction Score
Broadway has UConn with 18 blocks. Don’t know about the block party but we will be celebrating a solid 25 point win.
UConn 86 - 61
Come on--here I am one who water ski-ed on your lake for a few years--I follow the stats during the game--when it's over only rarely do I look at them--What did CW, OnO, Walker get on points- so if they had 18 blocks good that says great defense. The game is about winning and losing the point spread is for las Vegas, not me.
But I do appreciate your appreciation of my idiocy. I only get real serious about how much my monthly bills add up to. Thanks again---if you read my posts for realism you/ll get as nutty as i. Fun is the game or the game is fun. I honestly appreciate your comment.

Reaction Score
UConn 91 Cal 87
No doubt I'm one of those folks who might want to change my prediction. But I won't. I'm going to stick with the highly scientific method that won me the Prognosticator's Title last season. :D

Darts_in_a_dartboard.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hmm. Do I go with a high score, because our defense is still a work in progress or a low score because we like to run and Cal is missing Anigwe and Caldwell? I can't see Cal getting to 60. I like 85-55.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
No doubt I'm one of those folks who might want to change my prediction. But I won't. I'm going to stick with the highly scientific method that won me the Prognosticator's Title last season. :D

Darts_in_a_dartboard.jpg
ShmiCo, this only worked for you in the Prognosticors Tournament Title, you tied for 24th in the Regular Season Standings.:cool::cool:

Reaction Score
ShmiCo, this only worked for you in the Prognosticors Tournament Title, you tied for 24th in the Regular Season Standings.:cool::cool:
Hey I qualified for the tournament, right? I thought that was the whole point of the regular season. ;)

Just having fun here. More seriously -- much respect for the work you put into this MSGRET and the folks who actually placed during the regular season, which is clearly much more difficult. As demonstrated by me! I just squeaked into the tournament and got some lucky darts throws.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UConn 64 Cal 57

Ania 8 Rebs 9 points 3 assists,, 3 blks,
A.Griffin---9 Rebs 10 points,, 6 blks
Olivia -----11 points 9 rebs 5 assists, 2 fouls, 6 blks
Evelyn---2 points 3 Rebounds
Walker--22 points 7 rebs 5 assists
CW----- 9 points 10 assists, 2 steals, , 3 blks
Danger--2 points, l4 assists
Irwin---3 regs, 2 points
Bent-- 2 points, assists
Evina--still waiting
Broadway why are you insisting on calling her Ania when it’s been stated numerous times IT’S ANNA!
Stop being stubborn and adapt...jeesh. Head bang

That said, 87-60 for the Huskies! Gottlieb last the cupboard bare! ANNA will be the 5th Starter and Aubrey first off the bench...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Broadway why are you insisting on calling her Ania when it’s been stated numerous times IT’S ANNA!

That said, 87-60 for the Huskies! Gottlieb last the cupboard bare! ANNA will be the 5th Starter and Aubrey first off the bench...
At one time I did hit my head against a brick wall---it felt so good when I STOPPED.
I'm like Geno---I never change what I did in 1970 I do today. (well, NOT everything) Rigid. Jeesh!!!
When Rigid or lying works for you --you've got to keep doing it.
Ania is Anna's name used to show caring for her. Check Rocky's postings of April or there about when she accepted Geno's offer. Doob ja. (phonetically) I know numerous Polish words (80 percent of my HS class was Polish, Lithiainia (sp), Russian, German, Croates- first Gen's-then an Irish (2) a Canadian (1 ), Italian (1). However 90 percent of those words can't be used here.
I still call Stan Stosh, Joe Josh, Yahshoe, Walt Vodic
Now on the 5th and 6th we DO agree. Ania will be the 5th and Aubrey off the Bench.
Thanks . If it bothers you---here use an asprin. I do appreciate the comment ---because you usually avoid me postings---Thanks. (Why?)

Last edited:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

Anna is her name. Ania has been stated to be her "nickname" back home. So technically, Broadway is not "Wrong".

Reaction Score
88-63 UConn

I'm imagining Cal's defense focuses heavily on Crystal and Megan, leaving Christyn and Anna free reign to take over the game. Of course Megan will still score in double figures and will still likely lead the team in scoring unless someone gets really hot from 3.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
88-63 UConn

I'm imagining Cal's defense focuses heavily on Crystal and Megan, leaving Christyn and Anna free reign to take over the game. Of course Megan will still score in double figures and will still likely lead the team in scoring unless someone gets really hot from 3.

I think UConn has a BIG first half and buries Cal, then coasts home in the second, giving the reserves plenty of court time; and the starters rest. I predict Cal will score more points in the second half than the first when the 5 starters play most of it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
At one time I did hit my head against a brick wall---it felt so good when I STOPPED.
I'm like Geno---I never change what I did in 1970 I do today. (well, NOT everything) Rigid. Jeesh!!!
When Rigid or lying works for you --you've got to keep doing it.
Ania is Anna's name used to show caring for her. Check Rocky's postings of April or there about when she accepted Geno's offer. Doob ja. (phonetically) I know numerous Polish words (80 percent of my HS class was Polish, Lithiainia (sp), Russian, German, Croates- first Gen's-then an Irish (2) a Canadian (1 ), Italian (1). However 90 percent of those words can't be used here.
I still call Stan Stosh, Joe Josh, Yahshoe, Walt Vodic
Now on the 5th and 6th we DO agree. Ania will be the 5th and Aubrey off the Bench.
Thanks . If it bothers you---here use an asprin. I do appreciate the comment ---because you usually avoid me postings---Thanks. (Why?)
Huh? Thanks for that completely incoherent drivel. Nice to know you want to stick to “your Senior moment mantra” and to honor that commitment, I will start to call you MadisonVa both to honor James Madison a former President/Virginian and due to Madison being a stree in NYC near Broadway. Now both you and that Notre Dame head coach will only be referred by nicknames! :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom