Prognosticators Game Four (VA) Predicitions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game Four (VA) Predicitions

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UVA was picked 12th preseason in the ACC. Another team at (or near) the bottom of their respective preseason poll by the coaches (Cal was picked 10th, Vandy dead last). Given the signs of life we saw from the team in the 1st and 4th quarters vs. Temple, there is no reason to believe we won't see more glimpses of that. Not an entire game, but 20-25 minutes of good basketball combined with 15-20 minutes of messy early season basketball.

UVA lost to USC, who was picked 8th preseason in a very good Pac 12. But then they played #13 Kentucky close losing by only 3 points. It's so hard to guestimate at this point... Not enough empirical data so... my W.A.G...

UCONN 82
UVA 63

I think Anna starts to hit a few more shots - scores 8 to go along with 6 or 7 more assists. I think Geno really looks to get her going and gives her the green light to shoot. Hopefully they run some mid range stuff for her since it seems her 3-point shot is MIA for the time being...

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UVA was picked 12th preseason in the ACC. Another team at (or near) the bottom of their respective preseason poll by the coaches (Cal was picked 10th, Vandy dead last). Given the signs of life we saw from the team in the 1st and 4th quarters vs. Temple, there is no reason to believe we won't see more glimpses of that. Not an entire game, but 20-25 minutes of good basketball combined with 15-20 minutes of messy early season basketball.

UVA lost to USC, who was picked 8th preseason in a very good Pac 12. I don't think UVA is better than Temple, for example, but it's so hard to guestimate at this point... Not enough empirical data so... my W.A.G...

UCONN 82
UVA 55

I think Anna starts to hit a few more shots - scores 8 to go along with 6 or 7 more assists. I think Geno really looks to get her going and gives her the green light to shoot. Hopefully they run some mid range stuff for her since it seems her 3-point shot is MIA for the time being...

FYI, Virginia lost to Kentucky by 3 on Saturday (50-47). Kentucky was picked preseason #4 in the SEC. Neither team looked very good.

Reaction Score
I was at the UVA - KT game on Saturday. Very ugly! UVA plays tough defense, but can’t shoot to save their lives. They’re hampered by the fact that Felisha is done and their top freshman (an SG) is out for the year. But they are who they are. A hard fighting, never give up team. TT will get them where they need to get... but not this year.
So I say UConn 76 - UVA 46.

Reaction Score
MSGT--- Only stats on one player Ania----10 points, 4 rbs, 5 assists Uconn 77--Virgina 59.
UvA ISN'T TERRIBLE. Dominique TossiSaint was a very good player, Jablonowski, From luxenburg not Poland.
Is very tough and actually HITS the boards . The Cav's are not fearful of taking the 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom