Prognosticators Game 7 (ND) [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 7 (ND) [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Notre Dame comes to town with inconsistencies of their own. Are they better than UCLA? Maybe, but we're at home. UConn 87-65

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
It will be the seventh straight road game for ND, including one tonight at Michigan. We are coming off the road too, but advantage UConn.

ND scored 92 against SC but hadn`t scored more than 78 in their four previous games.

Young gives us trouble but Kia and Gabby contain Mabrey and Ogunbowale. UConn grinds it out, 84-66.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm a little more concerned now than I was before I read this tweet.

Unless, of course, Rebecca's real message lies between the lines as: I'll be there in person to watch my alma mater whoop Notre Dame once again.

That's the way I'm reading it anyway. :D :eek:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Notre Dame comes to town with inconsistencies of their own. Are they better than UCLA? Maybe, but we're at home. UConn 87-65

I think UCLA was/is every bit as good (if not better) than ND. They certainly are rougher. I don't think ND will show UConn anything that UCLA didn't, and UCLA was at home in front of 9,000+ fans. And as you said, this one is in the Huskies' back yard. THAT means a lot. Your daily schedule is not disrupted. You're in a familiar arena, and everyone is rooting and cheering for YOU!!!! :) I like UConn 88-74.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm afraid.

Why? UConn has the best team, they've got Geno and they're at home. As the great HOF Ernie Banks (Mr. Cub) liked to say: "The friendly confines" (of the XL Center will be the venue). And if that's not enough, it will be the seventh straight road game for ND, including one tonight at Michigan. We all know how the road can suck all the life out of you.

The Irish are nervous when they play UConn in South Bend, because they know what the Huskiees bring to the court, and they haven't had too much success against them lately. It's even worse when they come to Connecticut. They don't sleep well the night before. They have to look at all of those championship banners hanging in the rafters when they enter the arena which makes them nauseous, and makes it hard for them to keep anything down. :) Fear not Doggie, remember what Aaron Rodgers told the Packers fans after they became restless last year after a 3-4 game packer losing streak? He told them: "r-e-l-a-x". UConn wins this one going away. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well, I'm a little more concerned now than I was before I read this tweet.

Unless, of course, Rebecca's real message lies between the lines as: I'll be there in person to watch my alma mater whoop Notre Dame once again.

That's the way I'm reading it anyway. :D :eek:

Totally unrelated, but the PBS show "Finding Your Roots" had Rebecca as a guest a few years ago -- always such an interesting show and even more so in her case, being Husky royalty! Here is a snippet:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am nervous about this one and am trying to find comfort in that it is a home game.
I hope that Katie Lou comes out guns a blazin' as I think we will need all the scoring we can get.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe this game will be more of a "contest." I am confident in our team.... Shephard was handled by Gabby/Pheesa with minimal problems when she was with Nebraska. She is slow, and will be out hustled by either Gabby, Pheesa or Azura...whom ever plays in the post in this game...and begging for oxygen by the end of the 1st quarter. I like how our defense matches up with the rest of ND... especially with improved defense from Danger and Lou this year. I do so much hope Lou is playing at full speed, and returns to the way she was playing before the injury on both ends of the court...including raining 3s... If Lou is not playing, Z can easily handle Shephard and that frees up Gabby to put the locks on Ogunbowale

I believe this game will be a bit closer than we've seen so far... should be a good game, along the lines of UCLA. Huskies win!!! score in the neighborhood of

UCONN: 80
ND: 65

Last edited:
Reaction Score
if both teams play to their potential UConn should win with ease yet they've not been particularly sharp regardless of the point differentials................hopefully this is the game that they need to put it all together..............if Collier and Williams assert themselves UConn should win by 25 but I'll say 87-73..............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom