Prognosticators Game 5 (Seton Hall) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 5 (Seton Hall) Predictions

Reaction Score
I'm thinkin' the "Beast of the East" gets off to a fast start.
30 point 1st quarter.
Somebody, maybe by committee, figures out how to rebound and kick the ball out in transition.
A little slower in 2nd and 3rd quarters as Geno mixes and matches to see who really wants it.
Strong finale.
93-56 when the smoke clears
But don't quote me on any of this because I never said it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I could more accurately give a final score and MOV IF I knew which UConn team was going to show up. In 4 games, THIS team has taught me not to assume anything. Things now are not as they have been in the past. Teams that UConn would summarily crush and put away with ease may not go so quietly and willingly now. I'm not taking anything for granted in this game. The only player I know will show up is Paige. Everyone else is a question mark. :eek: It shouldn't be that way. :( Geno's team consists of some of the most elite players in the country. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to play like it. Most of the starters have not played up to preseason expectations, and the bench is not as deep as it was perceived to be.

Geno will be lucky to find two reserves he can depend on. These next two games will tell us what changes (if any) were made over the last 10 days. I don't know about the Hall, but I'd bet Notre Dame is looking forward to playing us.

Seton Hall is unranked and comes in with a 3-2 record with wins over unranked opponents Mount St. Mary, Lehigh and Toledo, and losses to Fordham 82-63 and the USC Trojans 79-65. Normally I would consider it a no brainer to think that UConn is much better than Fordham or the Trojans, and should play accordingly, but not this team.

They have not come close to jelling yet, or showing their ability to play defense, not give up easy baskets and not to commit "unforced" turnovers. Like Skip Bayless (co-host of the Fox TV morning sports show Undisputed) says.......I need to see more. As this team passes more and more "eye tests", I will begin to believe, and my level of faith in them will grow. Right now I'm a little skeptical. I'm from Missouri. They need to "show me." :oops:

UConn 79
Seton Hall 65

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Can we get a redo since the news of the day came out ?
As per the rules you may change a score as long as it is in prior to the closing of the predictions and that it's stated that it is a replacement to the original prediction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom