Prognosticators Game 25 (Marquette) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 25 (Marquette) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn is starting to look like the team that many thought that they would be at the beginning of the season and that is WITHOUT Paige. When UConn played at Marquette they played only 6 with everyone that played giving 25 minutes or more time on the floor. They basically played not to lose the first 3 quarters so that they could play their hard nosed defense in the 4th quarter and it worked.

This time at their Home away from Home they are able to play 10 if need be, pressure when needed, and have Olivia and Caroline back in the line up. Geno is mixing and matching his team, experimenting to see what works and what doesn't, while getting ready for the Tournament. The last 4 games have been double digit wins with closest being a 14 point win at Marquette.

I believe that Geno will start Liv, Nika, Christyn, Azzi, and Dorka, with Evina, Aaliyah, and Caroline coming off the bench when needed. Hopefully like the last two games both Piath and Amari are able to play in the 4th quarter. Marquette has lost the last 3 out of 4 game, losses to Villanova, UConn, and DePaul, while beating Georgetown by only 7 points.

This game will not be as close as the one in Milwaukee, UConn will put the game away before halftime and win going away. UConn 88 - Marquette 56. All predictions and any changes must state by name the winning team and be submitted by 7:00 PM gameday. Any submitted changes must state that it is replacing the original prediction, your change will be acknowledge with a "like" to show it was accepted. There are only 3 games left to qualify for the Tournament edition of the Prognosticators Predictions. Attached is the rules and scoring criteria. Good Luck to all.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 116

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Marquette is far better than Georgetown or Xavier. In those games, UCONN played about 25 minutes of great basketball and 15 minutes of the opposite. I'd expect much of the same, but given that Marquette is one of the better teams in the league, I can't see a 30-40 point win. I hope I'm wrong and we come out with a solid beatdown...

UCONN 81
Marquette 63

Reaction Score
UConn 78-47 (31 point MOV). Marquette is a better team with a better defense so UConn will be held to a lower score but UConn is a much better team when clicking on all cylinders which I believe they will be inspired to do as this is the best team they will see before the BET.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
UConn 81
the other guys 68

Reaction Score
UCONN 84 - Marquette 48; MOV: 36 with balanced scoring and lockdown defensive pressure.

We will see [tomorrow] how the coaches' poll reflects the #7 ranking in tha AP...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom