Prognosticators Game 24 (USF) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 24 (USF) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
USF plays tonight at Tulane while UConn will have been only practicing since the loss to South Carolina on Monday. Who will be the most rested USF or UConn? It may just be USF! I don't know if I should be optimistic or worried with the game being played in Tampa at the Yuengling Center. I will go with optimistic, I believe that UConn will play better ball then what they did against SC. Jose has his team starting to jell but they don't match up well with UConn, their tallest player is 6-3 who seems to be more foul prone than Liv. UConn will have to pressure both Tsineke and Harvey their high scoring guards that can shoot the three's, especially Harvey who went 7 of 8 last Sunday against Temple. If they can force USF into playing inside the arc UConn will win. USF has lost to teams like Norte Dame and UNLV, split with Temple and Cincinnati. Their only quality win is against Texas the second game in the season. With this being said, I'm going to watch today's game on ESPN3 before giving my prediction on the score. I know, "What a cop out" but hey I've got to get out of my funk and score some points and keep from falling out of the Top 10.:eek: All predictions must be in by 1:55 PM Eastern or 10:55 AM Pacific. Good luck to everyone and the regular season scoring criteria is attached. For those that have not scored any regular season points you have 6 games left to become qualified for the Tournament addition.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Scoring Criteria.pdf
    8.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We have season tickets to the Bulls so here are my thoughts on USF. One of USF's mid-season starters, freshman Brabencova is probably out. She was in a boot last game . Freshmn guard Alvarez is out with an ACL. Pehadzic, last season's leader has been relegated to the bench with little playing time. Her 3 point shot has disappeared. USF's post players, Henshaw, Jordeo and Leveret are good rebounders but minimal scorers and will be rotated in as needed. Mununga is the forward who can do damage inside andshe plays good D. Pinzan, Harvey and Tsineke are the guards to watch out for. Tsineke can be a handful as she likes to drive to the hoop. She usually goes to her right and has a tendency to play out of control at critical moments. Harvey is their best 3 point shooter. USF guards like to dribble more than they pass. That is a negative to their offensive flow.

Talent level is good for the Bulls but not up to UConn's. UConn wins 82 - 56.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that there are several very tentative, almost apologetic and close to fearful point spreads given above. Yes we got beat badly the other night and we got beat by too much twice before this season - all by bigger, mostly older, and much deeper very good teams. Baylor, Oregon and SC are, IMHO, the best three teams not wearing National Flag Blue To grace the NCAAWBB stage since the heydays of UTenn 20+ years ago. ND was just a bunch of flopping actresses who got lucky a couple of times.

Those three though games are behind us now, until at least the elite eight. Geno, CD, Shea and Jamille can hone and refine our small(in size and depth) and young team over the next 8 or 9 games into a hopefully tougher, stronger(40 minutes) and more aggressive and more tight-knit group who might be able to pull off one or two guerrilla type upsets and surprise everyone.

Maybe I’m a hopeless fanatic, but the NC is still out the to win. I’m with Yogi Berra when He says “it ain’t over til it’s over.” And with several games left to get ready, it sure as H ain’t over!

Now, back to the purpose of this thread. Based on my rantings above - basically that we have a small, young but evolving team with just one experienced senior(not unlike DT’s last two years) and upon perusal of of Huskeynut’s intimate and incisive analysis of USF, I say UConn 87 - USF 54.

Reaction Score
UConn 78 - USF 63. Less pressure yields better shooting percent.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
After watching almost 4 quarter of this game I have no problems with UConn winning this game. Both teams had some of the worst offense that I've seen this season and their defense wasn't much better. UConn 92 - USF 62.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
USF plays tonight at Tulane while UConn will have been only practicing since the loss to South Carolina on Monday. Who will be the most rested USF or UConn? It may just be USF! I don't know if I should be optimistic or worried with the game being played in Tampa at the Yuengling Center. I will go with optimistic, I believe that UConn will play better ball then what they did against SC. Jose has his team starting to jell but they don't match up well with UConn, their tallest player is 6-3 who seems to be more foul prone than Liv. UConn will have to pressure both Tsineke and Harvey their high scoring guards that can shoot the three's, especially Harvey who went 7 of 8 last Sunday against Temple. If they can force USF into playing inside the arc UConn will win. USF has lost to teams like Norte Dame and UNLV, split with Temple and Cincinnati. Their only quality win is against Texas the second game in the season. With this being said, I'm going to watch today's game on ESPN3 before giving my prediction on the score. I know, "What a cop out" but hey I've got to get out of my funk and score some points and keep from falling out of the Top 10.:eek: All predictions must be in by 1:55 PM Eastern or 10:55 AM Pacific. Good luck to everyone and the regular season scoring criteria is attached. For those that have not scored any regular season points you have 6 games left to become qualified for the Tournament addition.

What would the buzz in the yard be if UConn loses to USF? :eek: Would those already standing close to the edge jump? Two losses back to back as well as their undefeated streak in the AAC broken. Some of the comments by BY regulars would be very interesting and colorful.

I think it's business as usual for UConn as they return to less competitive AAC action. They right the ship once again against the Bulls as they wind down AAC play (6 games left), and get ready for the conference tournament and selection Monday.

Massey sez UConn 68 - USF 53.
Carnac sez UConn 71 - USF 52. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What would the buzz in the yard be if UConn loses to USF? :eek: Would those already standing close to the edge jump? Two losses back to back as well as their undefeated streak in the AAC broken. Some of the comments by BY regulars would be very interesting and colorful. I think it's business as usual for UConn as they return to the less competitive AAC action. They right the ship once again against the Bulls as they wind down AAC play (6 games left), and get ready for the conference tournament and selection Monday.

Massey sez UConn 68 - USF 53.
Carnac sez UConn 71 - USF 52. :)
1581657144168.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
USF has their usual cast of international players and Jose does a really nice job coaching them. But this Bull team lacks size and they are not able to score as well as prior USF teams.

I think Liv and Megan both have big games inside with UConn winning this one 82-57.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom