Prognosticators Game 24 (SC) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 24 (SC) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well it appears that our young ladies are starting to gel, even the bench is playing well. That is good because they are going to have to have one of their best games of the season to beat the young ladies from South Carolina. Dawn has them playing much better over the last month or so. If UConn can have 5 players in double figures just they have the last two game then it will force SC to guard 5 vs 3 like Baylor and Louisville did. I believe that it will be close, but UConn wins in the end with a 15 point win of 88 to 73. Game predictions will be accepted up to game time, 7:00 PM Eastern or 4:00 PM Pacific. Good Luck to everyone.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
79-72 UConn. SC will throw throw the sink at us. Over the last 6 weeks, they are playing at a top 10 level.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Dawn has never beaten UConn. Some folks think this might be the year. I don't think so.

UConn wins 76 - 64

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well it appears that our young ladies are starting to gel, even the bench is playing well. That is good because they are going to have to have one of their best games of the season to beat the young ladies from South Carolina. Dawn has them playing much better over the last month or so. If UConn can have 5 players in double figures just they have the last two game then it will force SC to guard 5 vs 3 like Baylor and Louisville did. I believe that it will be close, but UConn wins in the end with a 15 point win of 88 to 73. Game predictions will be accepted up to game time, 7:00 PM Eastern or 4:00 PM Pacific. Good Luck to everyone.

The game is at the XL Center. Needless to say, a large crowd is expected, and the team will feed off their energy. UConn is hard to beat at home whether they're playing in Gampel or the XL Center. I believe their last home loss was 2013.

UConn is back in sync and their shots are falling. This game will be the final dress rehearsal against a ranked opponent before the tournament begins. A win against a top 12 opponent should restore some of the confidence they lost against Baylor and Louisville. I think they’re up for the challenge.

Bad news and bad timing for the #12 Gamecocks (16-5). They should have caught them 10 days ago. I don't see UConn's level of play falling off unless Crystal's ankle is still bothering her. I'm sure the trainers will have her ready to play. It didn't appear to be a major sprain.

She just turned it, as opposed to coming down on someone's foot. Those are much worse, I speak from experience. Dawn and her Gamecocks will give UConn a run for their money, and visa versa. If it turns into a shootout or a track meet, I like our chances. UConn 78-65.

Last edited by a moderator:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
WHile I do think Dawn tested her team early (and they struggled mightily). so they would be ready come SEC/NCAA Tournament time, this game is at UConn where the Huskies seem to have solved their shooting woes (who doesn’t love Home?) so I think this will be a 12-15 point victory that the Huskies start strong and then maintain the rest of the game, never too comfortable but never really worried.
UConn 82-68

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Continuing to struggle with the BY one-picture-per-message limit to look at the game The Musicians of Bremen came to mind, but I couldn't abide the Rooster (AND the Cat!) standing on top of the dog. (imagine SC and Kentucky shown over UCONN and USMA)

So, how about three gamecocks (or gamehens) unsuccessfully trying to trap one young husky?

My unpretentious prediction: Huskies in a (Cock-o-the) walk

1549767316760.png

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The Non Real USC 68
Uconn 66
Boneyard has a blow up, Charlie Creme tosses his bracket stuff in the air, AP has to change Mondays poll results in a first time ever occurance. Coaches poll on Tuesday has Uconn in 10th place.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
An important game if UConn is going to get a #1 Seed. Lose to South Carolina and they get a 2 or 3 seed.

I expect a close game. UConn 78 So Carolina 72. However, wouldn't be surprised if So Carolina wins the game.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
If UCONN wasn't playing for a higher seed (trying to keep it) this could be a close game. I think, as it stands now, UCONN by double digits would be expected...but....this South Carolina team has made strides in the last few weeks. I would not be shocked at a South Carolina win but I wouldn't count on it. I really like South Carolina as an NCAA tournament team, when guard play will be a staggering advantage for any team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom