Prognosticators Game 20 (Lou) Predictions

Reaction Score
UConn 83 - Louisville 66

UConn up by 24 until Geno pulls the pros with six minutes to go,

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn 74, L'ville 71
This is similar to the Baylor game. L'ville and their crowd will be pumped.

They’re expecting a sellout. This is the biggest game remaining on LV’s home schedule.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Huskies 87, Loserville 72. As the late, great Al McGuire used to like to say, "They've got an elephant in their heads." Beating a team 17 times in a row will do that to them.

Reaction Score
Louisville 77 UConn 71. Just don’t have a good feeling about this one. Yes, we’ve been playing well, but so have the Cardinals. I think the home crowd and their desire to break our 17 game winning streak, help them pull it out. Sure hope I’m wrong though!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Louisville, they played a phenomenal game. Didn’t see it coming.

A tip of the cap to all of those posters that called this win for LV, and was able to see this game for what it was. Gentlemen may you bask in your glory. :cool:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was.... kinda close. The only one who predicted Louisville anyways.

Actually there were 5 that posted a Louisville win, with azfan being 3 off the exact score.

Reaction Score
I feel no glory, although my 77-71 pick of Louisville was probably the closest. We’re just not at the level of past UConn teams. Don’t get me wrong, we’re very good... and I believe we could win the national championship. But in the 2nd half I was saying to my wife, this feels like the Baylor game, we’re just not ourselves - missing shots around the basket, turnovers at ket points (2 in a row by KLS). And we need to give credit to Louisville. Asia Durr is really, really, really (yes a 3 really Geno) good. She’s not a volume shooter, as I’ve seen some say. She’s a smart basketball player. And Louisville played excellent defense. When Chrystal is our leading shooter, with 20 shots, that means somebody did a good job on our other players.

Anyway, congrats to Jeff (who I met at the final four a few years ago and seemed like a good guy) and the Cardinals - they earned this one. The monkey is off their backs!.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom