Prognosticators Game 18 (Creamsicle Orange) Predictions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 18 (Creamsicle Orange) Predictions

Reaction Score
What truly annoys me is the way ESPN & other media outlets are hyping this game. This is not a rivalry game. It is a charity game for a good cause. The two teams haven't played in the regular season since 2007 yet to hear the media both teams will be out for blood because it is UConn vs Tennessee. No. It is a different time with a new generation of players that only know about the former rivalry because it is part of women's college basketball history.

UConn 85-Tennessee 67
Well, the FANS will be out for blood (speaking strictly for myself, of course :D:D )

Reaction Score
Seems that this would hold true for every game we play against teams not named Baylor, Oregon, South Carolina, etc.
I’m worried about Stanford and Oregon State as well

Reaction Score
I still think Pat's disease had a lot to do with the animosity that grew between the programs. Paranoia is one of the symptoms and may have contributed to the bad feelings and accusations that dissolved the desire to continue the rivalry. Hopefully enough time has passed and the two programs can learn to respect each other again. I'm glad the reason for the resumption of play between programs is to support Pat's program to help fight that insidious disease.

As a UConn fan though, I still think UConn will win this game 78 - 69.
You are entirely correct EasyEd. Until Geno came along Pat Summit was the measuring rod for a woman's basketball coach. I also believe that there was a wide cultural gap between the two. Anybody from the East, especially the more urban areas, gets Geno. Humor in Philly and Nashville is akin to cheese steak and collard greens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom