Prognosticators Game 11 (Butler) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 11 (Butler) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can't wait for this game, it's in one of the few historical landmarks of basketball, Hinkle Fieldhouse. They have updated the inside as much as they can from the days that I was there watching my High School Alma matar win the Boys State Championship, I was only 11 at the time. But I felt like I was in a basketball shrine, known then as Butler Fieldhouse and it could hold 15,000 people. To those of you lucky BY'ers that are able to attend enjoy the game, but take the time enjoy the environment around you at the same time.

Now on to the game, Butler is currently 1-11, 0-3 in conference play and have not played sin 12/29. They have NO CHANCE in beating UConn, even though they have 16 players on the roster with 6 of them ranging from 6'1" to 6'3". With UConn only having no more than 10 players being able to play and that's if all but Paige and Aubrey are back from injuries. The most I see playing is 8, I think Geno will hold Azzi back even if she is ready, and I believe Piath is still in the dog house.

With all that being said this is just what the young ladies need, a game that is more than just practice but much easier then it. UConn 82 - Butler 40. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 7:00 PM Eastern and the winner MUST be stated. If changes are submitted your change will get a like acknowledging your request for a change has been accepted. Attached is the Prognosticators rules and scoring set up. Good Luck to all you Prognosticators out there and heck maybe one you will become the 4,000,000 poster.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 114

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This should not be a close game BUT... our guard play was not good against Creighton. Butler is not good, but they are well coached and play good team defense and offense. I have a feeling that Ducharme will go off, and I really hope Evina takes more than 1 shot. Also am hoping that Edwards continues where she left off against Creighton.

UCONN 78
Butler 45

Reaction Score
Uconn 78-42, But we really need a confidence building blowout, and for many players to have big games. A 15 point win would create even more doubt.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Really hopeful this game is actually played on Wednesday. Butler is not good, and they are one of the few teams in the nation that’s had as rough a time with Covid as UConn. Also, I love watching games played at Hinkle Field House.

UConn 77 Butler 46

Reaction Score
I can't wait for this game, it's in one of the few historical landmarks of basketball, Hinkle Fieldhouse. They have updated the inside as much as they can from the days that I was there watching my High School Alma matar win the Boys State Championship, I was only 11 at the time. But I felt like I was in a basketball shrine, known then as Butler Fieldhouse and it could hold 15,000 people. To those of you lucky BY'ers that are able to attend enjoy the game, but take the time enjoy the environment around you at the same time.

Now on to the game, Butler is currently 1-11, 0-3 in conference play and have not played sin 12/29. They have NO CHANCE in beating UConn, even though they have 16 players on the roster with 6 of them ranging from 6'1" to 6'3". With UConn only having no more than 10 players being able to play and that's if all but Paige and Aubrey are back from injuries. The most I see playing is 8, I think Geno will hold Azzi back even if she is ready, and I believe Piath is still in the dog house.

With all that being said this is just what the young ladies need, a game that is more than just practice but much easier then it. UConn 82 - Butler 40. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 7:00 PM Eastern and the winner MUST be stated. If changes are submitted your change will get a like acknowledging your request for a change has been accepted. Attached is the Prognosticators rules and scoring set up. Good Luck to all you Prognosticators out there and heck maybe one you will become the 4,000,000 poster.
UCONN 81- 45

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@MSGRET Any scuttlebutt on Piath being in the doghouse, like "what did she do or not do"? I guess I have missed the posts relating to this :(.

Reaction Score
UCONN 79 - Butler 41; MOV: 38 Ducharme, and CW find their 3 pt accuracy, plus Dorka plays inside & out; and AE goes 8 for 10.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@MSGRET Any scuttlebutt on Piath being in the doghouse, like "what did she do or not do"? I guess I have missed the posts relating to this :(.
All I can remember was that Geno had stated that she was not injured, but would not play in one of the games before the COVID break and she hasn't played since.

Reaction Score
This should not be a close game BUT... our guard play was not good against Creighton. Butler is not good, but they are well coached and play good team defense and offense. I have a feeling that Ducharme will go off, and I really hope Evina takes more than 1 shot. Also am hoping that Edwards continues where she left off against Creighton.

UCONN 78
Butler 45
if Butler plays good team defense and good team offense why is their record so lousy? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
if Butler plays good team defense and good team offense why is their record so lousy? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Dunno. Ask Megan Culmo who commented about that several times when the teams last played. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Maybe you didn't know this, but it IS possible for a team who is way overmatched talent-wise to actually play good fundamental offense and defense. Now I haven't seen Butler play this year, but it was commented on numerous times by the announcers when UCONN last played them.

Reaction Score

Question; How do you know Piath is in dog home, and for what? Also, Azzi is not ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom