This must not happen again.

Attachments

• uconn football.jpg
    uconn football.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 50
Reaction Score
Yup... I knew it was a problem when we saw the o-line in a daisy chain

Reaction Score
I've never called out a player by name but guess there's a first time for everything. #72 had a poor year and a disastrous game vs Cinci.

Reaction Score
I've never called out a player by name but guess there's a first time for everything. #72 had a poor year and a disastrous game vs Cinci.

I think Jimmy Bennett had a disappointing season. I doubt he would disagree with that. But you know what -- I hope to God that he gets a 6th year from the NCAA and wants it, because I'm a lot more optimistic with him playing LT for a second year than us filling the slot some other way.

Reaction Score
Bennett has had a dissapointing career. He came in with a ton of hype from Alexandria from teh star-gazers.

Tough to hate on a kid who has endured as many medical problems as he had, and still fought back to contribute.

Reaction Score
Jimmy had a tough game against Cinny.

But he performed as well as anyone on the line this year. He was left on an island more than any other OL and did a credible job. If he comes back next year I expect he will improve markedly.

Reaction Score
Jimmy had a tough game against Cinny.

But he performed as well as anyone on the line this year. He was left on an island more than any other OL and did a credible job. If he comes back next year I expect he will improve markedly.

That's my belief as well. It has to be hard to be thrown out as a starting LT when you haven't played more than a game or two in almost five years and you're only 11 months (at the start of the season) away from knee surgery to boot. This is not that I'm high on him based on what Rivals said when he was in high school -- I'm high on him because of what both the Edsall and P staffs said about him during his career when he was able to stay on the practice field.

If he stays healthy this off season and comes back, I have high hopes that he is going to have a very good season. By the way -- if he comes back, notwithstanding Adam Masters graduation we will return 6 OL who started at least a few games this year: Bennett and Friend at the Tackles and Greene, Bullock, Mateas and Cruz in the interior. Yes, they have to get a lot better but even when a line isn't playing well I'd rather have everyone back than not.

If a Samra or a Bockeloh is better than the kids who were starting this year, even better.

Reaction Score
Didn't last year's?

This year's line was much worse IMO. Last year we could at least run the ball. And the number of sacks was skewed because we had a QB who had no pocket presence and couldn't move if his life depended on it (which it often did).

Reaction Score
This year's line was much worse IMO. Last year we could at least run the ball. And the number of sacks was skewed because we had a QB who had no pocket presence and couldn't move if his life depended on it (which it often did).

In one interview PP, probably acting as an apologist for the OL scheme and coach, stated, "I wouldn't want to coach a team with only one protection." My first thought was: What about one that works? Would one, or even two, that worked be that far beneath a coaches dignity? Hell, if showing-off coaching "chops" is the goal, maybe the QB's might want to invest in better insurance. As it is, I'm surprised that CW is still upright and knows what day it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom