Probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen, partially ruined by one idiot... | The Boneyard

Probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen, partially ruined by one idiot...

Reaction Score
This shocks me and makes me feel so sad.

A Trucker Went Off-Roading on the 2,000-Year-Old Nazca Lines

Probably one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life was take an 8 person plane and fly over the Nazca Lines (that stretch across an area of about 280 square miles). It is amazing to see just how many geoglyphs depicting all sorts of things like animals and plants there are. What a pity that some moron acting recklessly can just screw up 2000 years of history. This started around 500 BC, took about 1000 years to complete and was finished around 500 AD and this bloody F%#^er destroyed it in seconds.

Has anyone else been to Peru and the Nazca Lines? I think I actually liked my plane ride over the lines more than Machu Picchu.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Didn’t see the lines. Saw lots of other places. Machu Picchu,Lake Titticaca, Kuzco, the Amazon and the rain forest and, of course, Lima. I think the Lines were the only thing we missed.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This makes me so sad. I always found the Nazca lines to be so cool between National Geographic and Chariots of the Gods (von Däniken book from the 70's) that suggests that they were landing strips for aliens. It is significantly more likely that they were ritual walks.

So disappointing. It's great that you got a chance to see them before they were destroyed. FWIW, Machu Picchu is a bucket list item for me. Looks pretty cool. I hear it can be a pain in the butt to get to though.

Reaction Score
Well, a small part was ruined but thankfully it is huge!

Machu Picchu is a must see, I would rank it up there with Tikal and Angkor Wat as one of the coolest man made structures I have ever seen. Yes, it is a little annoying to get to and I do not like the town near the ruins as it is just a tourist trap with inflated prices for everything so I always recommend that people bring food with them as they head to that town.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom