Probable Starters | The Boneyard

Probable Starters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Per UConn game notes: Probable starters for tomorrow's season opener: Christyn Williams, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Anna Makurat, Evina Westbrook... and Paige Bueckers

1607734169387.png

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
If this is accurate, it is not unexpected. Many thought Griffin but she is instant energy off the bench.

The lineup will get bigger when the subs come in. Anna is kind of a 3/4 and Westbrook a 2/3. Versatility a must.

I hope this is an indication that Evina is "healthy enough".

Assuming Nika can go, it will be interesting to see how the PG minutes are allocated and whether Evina gets any of those minutes.

Never has there been more anticipation for a UConn WBB game against an opponent this mediocre!

Can`t wait!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Per UConn game notes: Probable starters for tomorrow's season opener: Christyn Williams, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Anna Makurat, Evina Westbrook... and Paige Bueckers

View attachment 62369

If these are in fact the 5 starters, if they can establish any kind of chemistry, this can be the starting 5 for most of of year. Nika, Aubrey and Aaliyah will get their minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I like this lineup for a couple of reasons. This group represents UConn’s best offensive team. With 4 perimeter scorers and Liv, UConn can run their 4-out offense effectively. Aubrey will likely be first off the bench. She was extremely effective as a 6th man last season, and I expect nothing less this season. Beyond that, I’m anxious to see Geno’s rotation and substitution pattern.

Reaction Score

View attachment 62369
I don't think so .. I think the starters will be all veterans: Aubrey, Christyn, Liv, Ania & Evina, eh?
The freshman will get their shot [no pun intended]...

Reaction Score
I like this lineup for a couple of reasons. This group represents UConn’s best offensive team. With 4 perimeter scorers and Liv, UConn can run their 4-out offense effectively. Aubrey will likely be first off the bench. She was extremely effective as a 6th man last season, and I expect nothing less this season. Beyond that, I’m anxious to see Geno’s rotation and substitution pattern.
This! This is something we all forget that Geno likes to have—a spark off the bench! He did it with Gabby her sophomore year when she easily could’ve been the full-time starter. Instead, he regularly switched the starter role between her, KLS, and Collier (though KLS got the nod most often of the three).

Reaction Score
seems to be a logical starting five especially against a smaller lineup..............perhaps AG or AE would get a start against a bigger front court.............I never doubted PB would start.............she'd start for any team in the nation even as a raw freshman.........I've been waiting for a long time to see her on the court as a college player........curious to see if she has a bit of the jitters or dominates from the first minute........

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If this is accurate, it is not unexpected. Many thought Griffin but she is instant energy off the bench.
. . .

Assuming Nika can go, it will be interesting to see how the PG minutes are allocated and whether Evina gets any of those minutes.

I'm a fan of having Aubrey as sixth player. In that role she can be as important as any other player, and having, as you pointed, out instant energy, as well as someone who can play 2-3 positions in that role will be a blessing.

It sounds like Evina is good to go, even if she's not 100%. With two natural point guards, I don't see any great motivation to use Westbrook there unless I'm missing something. Paige can also play off-guard, so I could envision Nika, Paige, Evina, and Anna on the court all at once. Could you sleep if you were coaching against that possibility tomorrow?

Reaction Score

The lineup will get bigger when the subs come in. Anna is kind of a 3/4 and Westbrook a 2/3. Versatility a must.

Never has there been more anticipation for a UConn WBB game against an opponent this mediocre!

Can`t wait!
Mediocre? They lost to BC, a mediocre team by 50! :eek:

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see Makurat play that stretch 4 spot, she is such a good passer and I think the high-low game will really open up ONO down on the blocks. Makurat has also proven she can consistently knock down a 15 footer so defenses cannot sag off her. The only question is whether she can rebound enough and withstand the physicality of opposing 4s on really good teams.

Reaction Score
If this game is like all of these miss matches everything will look good and many things will look great. And for a day I'm going to pretend that they are that good. :)

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see Makurat play that stretch 4 spot, she is such a good passer and I think the high-low game will really open up ONO down on the blocks. Makurat has also proven she can consistently knock down a 15 footer so defenses cannot sag off her. The only question is whether she can rebound enough and withstand the physicality of opposing 4s on really good teams.
I actually predict that Evina will play the 4 and take over the Walker role. They are about the same size and she was a good rebounder at TN. The one difference is the Evina can actually pass the ball rather than the Walker black hole.

Reaction Score
In a shortened season, especially-you need your best offensive lineup on the floor the most. To me, this is the best offensive lineup that we have. I mean, think of it this way, every other team in the nation has to deal with Aubrey Griffin off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom