Priority Points | The Boneyard

Priority Points

Reaction Score
Yeah I think I told you...I went for years under someone else's account. Decided to get my own a few years ago & started from scratch. 1580- how many years is that?

Reaction Score
Yeah I think I told you...I went for years under someone else's account. Decided to get my own a few years ago & started from scratch. 1580- how many years is that?
My dad started in 1988. But he really didn’t give much until around 10 years ago. We had around 200-250 back in 2011.

Reaction Score
yeah back in the day we would fork over $$$ and kept moving back, back, back. No control over your seats. Pissed a lot of folks off. That's one reason we stopped for a while.

Reaction Score
Points accumulate faster than they did in the past -- a lot faster. Making current donations count exponentially more is how they keep the $$ rolling in.
This is true. We started giving more years ago but the new seat donations + 10 points per $100 helped out.
yeah back in the day we would fork over $$$ and kept moving back, back, back. No control over your seats. Pissed a lot of folks off. That's one reason we stopped for a while.
It’s also better running your own account and having it in your name. You get access to all things like post season tournaments, events, etc. Also don’t have to worry about people taking the account away. I’ve heard stories about people sharing accounts and then one day the other person wanted it for themselves.

Reaction Score
My boss’s older brother and his friends all UConn Engr grads from the early 1950’s and big fans. would pool there money and were able to get 4 good seats. The only problem was they were getting older and they feared if the guy who accumulated the points passed away they would have to do a Week-End at Bernies” and bring his body or a facsimile to the games.
That was as in the late 80’s early 90’s.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My family have been season ticket/seat holders for MBB, Football and Friends of Soccer since the early 1960s and the point system was a joke. As was said before, especially in the Civic Center/XL - they kept moving seats back and back.
It's quicker now, yes, but costlier
Its a game but you can't win if you don't play
It's the same everywhere in college sports
As my late brother always said - "you can see the game close and better on TV and you don't have to stand in line to urinate"
But I would miss the live action.

Reaction Score
I‘ve thought about this
I started bringing my son AZHuskie to live games in 1980‘s .
and he is still a huge UConn fan. He follows recruiting which never was a huge interest to me until they signed.
He has two sons who may or may not watch a game with him on TV and probably will never really become fans.
If he stayed in Ct and took his boys to games in person odds are another generation of fans would have been created.
Thats the difference between TV and in person games.
In person is a creates memorable experience.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Points accumulate faster than they did in the past -- a lot faster. Making current donations count exponentially more is how they keep the $$ rolling in.

Sound like a ponzi scheme.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom