• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The mighty SEC, ladies and gentlemen.

Reaction Score
Missouri has 26 points with five minutes left in the game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So who is watching and listening to this game? This male announcer is clueless. He is touting what a great win this will be for Princeton beating a P5 school who is playing one of the best OOC schedules and that by beating Mizzou, Princeton will help themselves immeasurably. He just said this might be Carla's biggest win this year. Huh? They beat a top 25 contender Florida Gulf Coast and 3 other teams much higher rated than Mizzou, who has a 3-9 record now, has a schedule ranked #124 overall. Seriously what are the qualifications to be an announcer for some of these teams? :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, where was Missouri picked to finish in the SEC Preseason polls?

Reaction Score
It was an SEC announcer and will tout the SEC irrespective of reality. And despite reality, most of the casual wcbb fans will also view this win as better than FGC.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm salivating at the thought of those two blowouts this season. #BadBlood

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I was just glad this game didn't devolve into the usual "rugby/mugfest" some of Robin's game can turn into, like the game against Mizzou State. I am looking forward to seeing SC and pretty much every team crush Mizzou this year. :D

They were picked 9th, ahead of Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. I think that optimism was a tad misguided and think only Vandy may be worse...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They were picked 9th, ahead of Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. I think that optimism was a tad misguided and think only Vandy may be worse...
Current Massey ratings of the SEC bottom half:

Georgia 58
Alabama 64
Vanderbilt 76
Auburn 107
Missouri 118
Florida 121
Ole Miss 237

Reaction Score
Pingeton is entering her 9th year at Missouri and has never been to the Sweet 16.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Pingeton is entering her 9th year at Missouri and has never been to the Sweet 16.
I had done the history of all the P5 schools and Mizzou was always terrible and has only had mild success under Robin. As the SEC is a historically much stronger and deeper conference than the Big 8 or Big12 ever was. I think she is safe for now.

Reaction Score
Pingeton made the NCAAs each of the last four years.

No way she should be in danger, but their AD is a hothead so who knows?

It's a fair question whether she has a second run of success post Cunningham. She was treading water in the WNIT before that.

Reaction Score
Pingeton made the NCAAs each of the last four years.

No way she should be in danger, but their AD is a hothead so who knows?

It's a fair question whether she has a second run of success post Cunningham. She was treading water in the WNIT before that.
I don’t think it was viewed as treading water at the time. I certainly thought of Mizzou as an increasingly dangerous opponent even before Sophie arrived. Players like Morgan Eye and Jordyn Frericks (who overlapped with Sophie) could get hot and trigger an upset of a higher ranked team even if Mizzou wasn't a contender. Frericks and Ciera Porter coming back from injuries were important pieces to Sophie's Mizzou teams.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was just glad this game didn't devolve into the usual "rugby/mugfest" some of Robin's game can turn into, like the game against Mizzou State. I am looking forward to seeing SC and pretty much every team crush Mizzou this year. :D

From what I've seen, Mizzou may not win a conference game this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom