Princeton -- Geno -- "two types of coaches" | The Boneyard

Princeton -- Geno -- "two types of coaches"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NYT article: At Princeton, a Student of Sports Leadership Successfully Applies Her Research.

For a project to satisfy the requirements for a master’s degree in writing and leadership development Princeton's coach, Courtney Banghart, conducted in-person interviews with accomplished coaches, including the coach of North Carolina's women's soccer team, Anson Dorrance, and Geno Auriemma, the coach of the UConn women's basketball team.

"She remembers what Auriemma said to her when she interviewed him for her graduate thesis. He told her there are two types of coaches: those who can recruit, and those who get fired."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/10/s...as-led-tigers-to-16-0-record.html?src=me&_r=0

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Interesting day on the NYTimes sports page with two big WCBB articles, the Princeton one that quoted Geno a couple of times about Banghart's nice rise from a neuroscience major and writing master's degree to a top coach, and also a good article about D2 power Emporia State, which sounds like a mini-UConn. Nice to see WCBB getting the attention.

Reaction Score
Princeton hasn't much starting size (6'2,6'3) but whenever I catch a box score, they have a high number of assists (15- 20 pg), a solid, low number of turnovers, and they consistently hold their opponents scoring down. Realizing what the level of their schedule is, could Princeton actually compete and give a legit game to a top 10-25 ranked D1 team? Heck, they did beat Pitt (away) who beat UNC rather handily.

Last edited:

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
NYT article: At Princeton, a Student of Sports Leadership Successfully Applies Her Research.

For a project to satisfy the requirements for a master’s degree in writing and leadership development Princeton's coach, Courtney Banghart, conducted in-person interviews with accomplished coaches, including the coach of North Carolina's women's soccer team, Anson Dorrance, and Geno Auriemma, the coach of the UConn women's basketball team.

"She remembers what Auriemma said to her when she interviewed him for her graduate thesis. He told her there are two types of coaches: those who can recruit, and those who get fired."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/10/s...as-led-tigers-to-16-0-record.html?src=me&_r=0
Geno has also said that there are two types of coaches.
1. coaches who recruit great players
2, and ex-coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member