Princeton and the rankings | The Boneyard

Princeton and the rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As I write this Princeton is up on MI by over 25 points with only 8 minutes left in the second half. Looking at their (mediocre) schedule, it's quite possible they may run the table and be undefeated heading into the NCAA tournament. How would (should) they be seeded if that happens? It's still a long shot, but it doesn't look as if there's anyone on their remaining schedule that they shouldn't beat.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I looked at Sagarin's rating for Princeton. He has them 17th with a schedule rank of 85. That's better than 7 of the teams rated ahead of them - including UTenn with a schedule rank of 266!

Not bad for a school with academic standards.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
They had a "tough" year last year with some youngsters - and saw the Rise of Penn under McLaughlin (Holy Name fame). But they have a history of scheduling tough - might be folks are a little wary of a team that's Marist-Middle Tennessee State ish.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I used to love the fear factor that overcame the big time schools when they saw Princeton Men's basketball in their opening round games back in the Pete Carril days. An intelligent disciplined team that gives their absolute all to the game on every possession is very dangerous regardless of the athletic prowess of the players.
I am really happy to have the women of Princeton doing so well.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
A #5 seed would likely be too optimistic considering how the committee has placed the smaller schools in recent times. Over the last two years the best seed for them was the #6 seeds given to Gonzaga in 2014 and Delaware in 2013. In 2012 with a healthy Della Donne for the full year, Delaware got a #3 seed, but Princeton's situation doesn't compare with a superstar-led team that played schools like MD, PSU and Villanova even if it did pick up a loss (to #5 MD). The #6-seeded Delaware and Gonzaga teams over the last two years did have 3 or 4 regular season losses, but they had a higher reputation and I'm still doubting that an undefeated Princeton team with an end of year SOS in the mid-100s would get better than a #6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom