Princeton AD hs some interesting views... | The Boneyard

Princeton AD hs some interesting views...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nope.

They like getting paid, too.

Reaction Score
Nope.

They like getting paid, too.

Right, but he's thinking they ain't getting paid. Plus, what do these teams get for the NCAA annual NCAA bid? $1m for the conference? 100k per school?

Reaction Score
Everyone is posturing no one is leaving.
The power 5 conferences know that they don't have enough clout to pull off a reasonable basketball tournament with less than 60 schools many of whom are pathetic in basketball.
You need double that many schools to be legit.

No one wants to kill the goose that lays golden eggs.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I consider this "progress".....12 months ago, people were making fun of the fact that San Diego State was in the Big East. Now, apparently, it's viable to make fun of West Virginia for being in the Big12. That's refreshing to me... ;)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Saturday, how'd that work out for previously # 11 ranked OK State?

No, you misunderstand. I'm not making fun of West Virginia for their football team. I'm saying it's nice that the Big East (or American, or whatever the hell we're called) are no longer being picked on for our geographical oddities...

Reaction Score
The one point that has always resonated with me is these athletic administrators (and coaches) make millions off the backs of these kids. But the guys touting amateurism NCAA prez typs, Delaney, those guys are raking in millions off those kids and what THEY do on the field. Sad and hypocritical. It is their greed that continues to ruin what was once a great thing.

Reaction Score
I think the AD makes great points and I share his sentiments. But universities are increasingly becoming corporate entities at all levels.

This is why I favor sports becoming actual minor leagues cleaved from the rest of the university. They should have no burden of Title IX, nor should they have any money for facilities coming from the university, not to mention student fees and direct support. No scholarships either. The athletes should be paid a % of the profits.

Reaction Score
No, you misunderstand. I'm not making fun of West Virginia for their football team. I'm saying it's nice that the Big East (or American, or whatever the hell we're called) are no longer being picked on for our geographical oddities...

Not unless we get a Canadian or Mexican university to join the AAC.

Reaction Score
I hear McGill is still available... :eek:

I'm waiting for McGill, York, SimonFraser and the University of Tasbasco (Mexico) to accept the AAC expansion plan....

Who knows maybe the ACC would invite them in before US!!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for McGill, York, SimonFraser and the University of Tasbasco (Mexico) to accept the AAC expansion plan....

Who knows maybe the ACC would invite them in before US!!

You had to get a "like" for using the University of Tabasco... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom