Princeton 80- Penn 44. 18 in a row for 22-1 Tigers. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Princeton 80- Penn 44. 18 in a row for 22-1 Tigers.

Reaction Score
Do you think that Princeton is the limit of her coaching career? I think she has a huge upside.
Not at all. Geno Auriemma coached in several spots before he came to UCONN. And it was his intention to stay about 5 years and move on. Anyone can advance from anywhere, if they are good.

Reaction Score
They lost in OT at Iowa. Iowa is Top 20 and 14-0 at home. Go someplace else with your hate.
Hate? That's what you assume about someone who says something with which you disagree? Why not simply tell me how good you think Cincinnati is? Their claim to fame is they lost in OT to Iowa? Does that show in their win column or their loss column?

Reaction Score
Experience. I have a keen awareness of how the NCAA views the Ivy League.
And anyone that ranks Princeton ahead of Stanford should find a new line of work.
A computer did, and it’s the most respected Stat site in the industry.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hate? That's what you assume about someone who says something with which you disagree? Why not simply tell me how good you think Cincinnati is? Their claim to fame is they lost in OT to Iowa? Does that show in their win column or their loss column?
It shows how good they are, hater.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It shows how good they are, hater.
Well, let's walk back the "hater" comments a bit as this should be a passionate discussion to validate different opinions. Princeton is a very, very good team and is worthy of a 25 (or better) ranking. While Massey is a very good tool, it is not the "end all, be all" tool to properly assess teams, it is a great place to start though. Using this years teams, I would say, Stanford is still better than Princeton and would beat them 4 out 5 times. I would also say that @Longtime fan while stating his disagreement is being too aggressive and not supporting his/her dissention with any fact, games or supporting cases as to why he thinks this years Princeton team should be a 12-16 ranked team (45-64th seeding). It does not make sense that Princeton would be that low at all. A 5-7 seed seems more appropriate to me.

Thanks for your views and dialogue and let's just try to lift up the thread and information, not divide and polarize.

Reaction Score
Well, let's walk back the "hater" comments a bit as this should be a passionate discussion to validate different opinions. Princeton is a very, very good team and is worthy of a 25 (or better) ranking. While Massey is a very good tool, it is not the "end all, be all" tool to properly assess teams, it is a great place to start though. Using this years teams, I would say, Stanford is still better than Princeton and would beat them 4 out 5 times. I would also say that @Longtime fan while stating his disagreement is being too aggressive and not supporting his/her dissention with any fact, games or supporting cases as to why he thinks this years Princeton team should be a 12-16 ranked team (45-64th seeding). It does not make sense that Princeton would be that low at all. A 5-7 seed seems more appropriate to me.

Thanks for your views and dialogue and let's just try to lift up the thread and information, not divide and polarize.
RPI also has Princeton in the Top 10. Statistically, they are for real.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I watched part of the game on SNY. What struck me was that Ivy League play is much slower than AAC. Is my impression correct?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I watched part of the game on SNY. What struck me was that Ivy League play is much slower than AAC. Is my impression correct?
When I watched the Princeton - Yale game live in New Haven a couple of weeks ago, it certainly seemed that way to me. I wouldn't generalize to the entire AAC, but certainly UConn AAC games are faster.

Nonetheless, I think Princeton this year would finish in second place in the AAC if it played in that league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom