Prime Day(s)

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Buy stuff

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Anyone have the Kindle Oasis reader? I have the Paperwhite, but was thinking of either getting the Kindle Oasis or Kindle HD Fire 10 for reading PDFs/books.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Anyone have the Kindle Oasis reader? I have the Paperwhite, but was thinking of either getting the Kindle Oasis or Kindle HD Fire 10 for reading PDFs/books.
My wife has the Oasis. It's lite to hold and has always been waterproof/ I have the Voyager but have been thinking about going to the new Oasis coming out next week. I don't know much about the fire though.

Reaction Score

My wife has an Oasis (she just upgraded from the 2nd gen Paperwhite). I've used her Oasis a few times, but prefer my Voyage because of the thinner form factor (I can fit it in a pocket) and the origami leather cover that lets it act like a stand. My wife loves the Oasis, though, since it's very fast with everything like page turning and has a nice large and crisp screen. Also the actual page turn buttons. The Voyage gets annoying sometimes with page turns just by accidentally putting too much pressure on one of the edges, even with decreasing the sensitivity settings.

Keep in mind that if you get an Oasis, it is VERY slippery. My wife got a popsocket to put on the back and it makes it way more comfortable to hold properly without dropping it. She doesn't like a bulky case so she just bought one of those magnetic covers that you can just pull off when the Oasis is in use.

Edit: I forgot to add that if you're upgrading, I think Amazon is still running that special where you can trade in any old Kindle device and you'll receive the cost of the trade in value of the kindle in an instant gift card + 25% off of a new Kindle. That'll save a lot of money on a new device and is the reason why my wife decided to upgrade to the Oasis.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this thread is for recommendations but does anyone know of a good/inexpensive home theater sound system? Been looking into soundbars but could be coerced into bigger.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Why a kindle instead of just reading on a tablet?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Better outside, lighter weight to hold. But I mostly use my iPad. Kindle is ideal at the beach though.

Reaction Score
Looking for a new TV, thinking of getting the TCL/roku 50 inch with the wall mount for $300. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Reaction Score
The tablets aren't great for book reading IMO. The kindles are a better experience and easier on the eyes. I've done a lot of reading on both tablets and paperwhite and the paperwhite is so much better. I've never tried an Oasis so I have no input on that.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Recommendations on air fryers?

It's really just a size thing. They all work the same. I have no interest in complicated programmable ones, ours have just had simple dial controls.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

I have a Fire HD8 6th gen it was good for a year but is now pretty craptacular.

That said, I'll probably get a Fire HD 8 8th gen today because it's so flipping cheap ($65).

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Looking for a new TV, thinking of getting the TCL/roku 50 inch with the wall mount for $300. Anyone have any other suggestions?
no. that's it, and now you broke the internet.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I need a cheap toaster oven to reheat pizza and toast bagels. Any suggestions?

I'm sending my 2nd back. I keep having to pull the one I'm trying to ditch out of the trash.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I need a cheap toaster oven to reheat pizza and toast bagels. Any suggestions?

I'm sending my 2nd back. I keep having to pull the one I'm trying to ditch out of the trash.

My Oster works well and has lasted a few years. Better than most. Breville is the best but isn't cheap. It is on sale on Prime day though.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Paperwhite - google it. It's much more like reading text printed on paper. Far easier on the eyes. Far better in various light conditions (make sure you get one with an adjustable backlight). Not as heavy as a similar sized tablet. Purpose built for reading not browsing or consuming media (other than a book, obviously).

Or another way to put it - it's like asking why bother with a screwdriver when I can just grab a butter knife? Both will probably get the job done, but one will be much easier and a far better experience.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My Oster works well and has lasted a few years. Better than most. Breville is the best but isn't cheap. It is on sale on Prime day though.
We have a Breville one that also has a convection setting. Works great, as do all my Breville appliances. I am a big fan of the brand and definitely have found it worth spending a little more for the quality and durability.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom