Preview vs Vanderbilt | The Boneyard

Preview vs Vanderbilt

Reaction Score
Does this knucklehead consider himself a journalist? What a joke!

Looking forward to Nashville!

Welcome to journalism in the Internet age.

SB Nation’s team sites in particular are known for basically having no editorial input or professional standards, preferring the appearance of “this is by fans who do this for fun and not for a job”, and being under pressure to churn out content.
"I don’t really have the energy to do a deep dive into a team that literally hasn’t played a football game since 2019."

Lol alright bud. Then what's the point of this article?

To put out articles. That’s the whole point. Doesn’t matter to SB Nation or a site manager if the article is garbage, as long as it gets released and people click on it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
"I don’t really have the energy to do a deep dive into a team that literally hasn’t played a football game since 2019."

Lol alright bud. Then what's the point of this article?
Journalism is DEAD couldn't ring louder

Reaction Score
Hate articles like this when they have no clue how UConn is as a team this year.. pure speculation!
Well, we have no clue either. The difference, of course, is that we don't post articles that say nothing.

Reaction Score
Welcome to journalism in the Internet age.

SB Nation’s team sites in particular are known for basically having no editorial input or professional standards, preferring the appearance of “this is by fans who do this for fun and not for a job”, and being under pressure to churn out content.

To put out articles. That’s the whole point. Doesn’t matter to SB Nation or a site manager if the article is garbage, as long as it gets released and people click on it.
I mean it's a blog site, it's not journalism. There's a difference there. There are some SB Nation sites that are good and some that are awful. It's totally dependent on who is running the particular site because to your point, it is basically a loose network of fan-run sites with no real oversight.

Reaction Score
If you've never been, don't waste your time at the Grand Ol' Opry. It's a night of your life you will never get back, filled with regret.
I didn’t have the urge to go to the Grand Ol’ Opry. What was so bad? I’ve been to Nashville a few times and spent most of my time in the Broad Street bars. Many very good musicians who work off a tip bucket. It’s not all country music either as I went to several places to hear rock and make requests. Most bands can play anything.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I didn’t have the urge to go to the Grand Ol’ Opry. What was so bad?
Because I had one night in Nashville and did not spend it at the Broad Street bars. The Opry is like bad Hee Haw and Hee Haw is bad to begin with.

Reaction Score
Because I had one night in Nashville and did not spend it at the Broad Street bars. The Opry is like bad Hee Haw and Hee Haw is bad to begin with.
Wow I had a totally different experience at Opry. The show started with Darrius Rucker who is a huge country star and before this he was lead singer in Hootie and The Blowfish. He was terrific! Then Vince Gill preformed. Vince sings and plays for the Eagles and Poco and he was fantastic. The the Brothers Osborn played and they were excellent. Did Waquiot swallow some bad LSD from his hippie days? Maybe you just hate country music and should stay out of the South?
Just remember a Southern Man don't need you around anyhow! Sorry took that from Neil !!

Reaction Score
I always thought the Opry was supposed to be hit or miss. Some nights there’s big names, huge surprises etc. Other nights, a lot of new talent or niche talent you haven’t heard of much of, if at all.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The deal at the Opry is a bunch on acts do two songs. The night I went it was a bunch of sub-replacement level acts and the headliner was Exile. The one-hit wonder "Kiss You All Over" Exile, you ask? It was! Because apparently they have had several country hits. So I figured we'd hear one at the Opry. Nope, they did a 15 minute version of Kiss You All Over. Ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom