Pretty impressive win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pretty impressive win

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Oregon is unranked but they are integrating a lot of talented players and Altman is a good coach. Nice win regardless but this has a good chance at looking like a great win come March.

all of this, plus we played them in their back yard and nobody outside of Vegas seemed to give us much chance

Reaction Score
Oregon was picked to finish 4th in the PAC. They will improve as the year progresses. Definitely a statement win. Possibly a signature win.

Reaction Score
This made me chuckle from the Oregon board

"Ollie is such a filthy ref baiter, and his team play like a bunch of scumbags. Their goal was to put it in the refs' hands from the opening tip, and it worked. Teams like that always give us trouble, and always will because Altman doesn't speak up. He's the best coach in the conference, but trashy coaches like Ollie always manage to turn everything into a game of who can get more calls. It's infuriating to watch.

I have zero respect for UConn. They're a really trashy team (with an extremely trashy coach) that I don't expect to do anything this year. They won't look as good when they play teams that have coaches that push back on refs for making terrible calls.

We played terribly, but we were clearly taken out of our rhythm early by the refs and all the fouls and free throws."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Like the AAC tournament game last, that was the worst officiated game I’ve witnessed live.

nothing was as bad as that ACC semi-final game vs Cinci, that game was over the top and one sided

the crew today just made a bunch of calls, and we got our share

Reaction Score

"Ollie is such a filthy ref baiter, and his team play like a bunch of scumbags. Their goal was to put it in the refs' hands from the opening tip, and it worked. Teams like that always give us trouble, and always will because Altman doesn't speak up. He's the best coach in the conference, but trashy coaches like Ollie always manage to turn everything into a game of who can get more calls. It's infuriating to watch.

I have zero respect for UConn. They're a really trashy team (with an extremely trashy coach) that I don't expect to do anything this year. They won't look as good when they play teams that have coaches that push back on refs for making terrible calls.

We played terribly, but we were clearly taken out of our rhythm early by the refs and all the fouls and free throws."

That's some funny sheet.

Reaction Score

That's pretty funny. I guess they haven't seen many UConn games.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Ollie the ref baiter. Got us dun figured out

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Sweet melt

Reaction Score
I feel like I just won the lottery. So stoked for our Huskies. That left we with heart palpitations. If we hadn’t missed so many layups/bunnies, we would’ve dominated tonight. The effort and energy was off the charts. So relieved !!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Thanks for posting this.
Fun to read, tough to recognize us in there.
Seems more like us vis-a-vis Pitt in OBE.

Reaction Score

Oregon also got into the bonus before the 2nd TV timeout in the 2nd half. A lot of weak calls both ways, especially bailouts on drives. But that doesn't fit the narrative.

Reaction Score
Nice to get a good win non-conference. Or any win for that matter. Seemed like down the stretch the team did everything it could do to lose, the missed free throws, turnovers etc. but they didn't give up. They played tough, ugly basketball and pulled it out. Ten steals and forcing 17 turnovers did it. 3-17 from three point range is very disturbing but they were 5-24. Four assists pretty weak. Nice that they toughed one out though and showed some character.

Reaction Score

This is comedy considering this board bashes KO for not getting on refs enough

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom