Pretty Fair Assessment of UConn | The Boneyard

Pretty Fair Assessment of UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gasaway a higher on us than most . States brimah and Calhoun as keys for us to be able go deep . Going 2-0 will be huge

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@Onions Not trying to bust balls or be internet police, but I think the Boneyard can get into trouble by positing full length insider columns, just fyi as I know you're just trying to be a good dude by sharing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@Onions Not trying to bust balls or be internet police, but I think the Boneyard can get into trouble by positing full length insider columns, just fyi as I know you're just trying to be a good dude by sharing.
He gave the guys name and link to the article. Is that enough? Honest question

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
He gave the guys name and link to the article. Is that enough? Honest question

Not sure, I think since it's a pay article so citing it isn't enough? No real idea except I thought I saw someone have to take an insider article down in the past so I just wanted to give a heads up

Reaction Score
AB blocks a quarter of the 2s the other team attempts when he is on the floor. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????

Reaction Score
Since I'm allowed by Insider to send a copy of the article to whoever I want via email I thought it was OK. I'll abide by whatever the powers that be have to say. Just trying to advance the conversation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not sure, I think since it's a pay article so citing it isn't enough? No real idea except I thought I saw someone have to take an insider article down in the past so I just wanted to give a heads up

Under copyright law, no, you can't post the whole thing. There is a fair use exception that allows you to copy a small portion, to quote it and provide commentary or analysis or whatever. So if each of us posted a portion and commented on that portion, it would probably be ok. But copying the whole thing, no.

That's just one lawyer's opinion, there must be 20+ of us on the BY at least.

Reaction Score
Under copyright law, no, you can't post the whole thing. There is a fair use exception that allows you to copy a small portion, to quote it and provide commentary or analysis or whatever. So if each of us posted a portion and commented on that portion, it would probably be ok. But copying the whole thing, no.

That's just one lawyer's opinion, there must be 20+ of us on the BY at least.

I have a paid ESPN insider membership, so is it a violation if I allow friends to look over my shoulder as I read the article or if I print it off & share the printed copy with friends? I don't think Onions is said he wrote that story, line for line, but he just shared it, which is different.

If I have ESPNU & I allow non ESPNU subscribing friends to watch the game, is that a violation too? Oops, don't get me started.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I deleted the post. Thanks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have a paid ESPN insider membership, so is it a violation if I allow friends to look over my shoulder as I read the article or if I print it off & share the printed copy with friends? I don't think Onions is said he wrote that story, line for line, but he just shared it, which is different.

If I have ESPNU & I allow non ESPNU subscribing friends to watch the game, is that a violation too? Oops, don't get me started.

They actually tell you what you can do in the terms of use. Sports bar owners have had issues with this at times, mostly with PPV envents. Ever hear "any rebroadcast, retransmission of this copyrighted telecast..."?

ESPN.com has its own terms of the license he's been granted to the Insider content. It evidently allows him to e-mail the story. I'm certain it doesn't allow copying and pasting to a message board. The key is in the "copy" part of that. The e-mail is probably just a link back to the article on ESPN Insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom