Pretty clear Jim Calhoun misses coaching.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pretty clear Jim Calhoun misses coaching....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not going to say he'll ever coach again, because I still would say it's only 10% he ever does, but you're not paying attention if your antenna wasn't raised after listening to his interview with Katz. He easily could have said his wife would kill him, but he chose to keep ignoring the question and talking about rooting for UConn for the next 10 minutes.

He did the same thing in the CenterStage interview, Kay asked him and he refused to say he'd never coach again. Now time keeps going on and he's not coaching, but you never know.

Is there a BE team out there in the northeast area that interests him? He'd get to coach again at MSG.

What schools near Hilton Head would he consider?

Reaction Score
JC took the John Thompson path to retirement, but Larry Brown is showing him a different path and the fire still burns. I got the impression that if a call came he would listen....and then his wife would kill him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I think he would be awesome at Eastern...rack up some more wins to get over 900 and still live at home and could still serve in an ambassador role for UConn as well.

Reaction Score
That ship has most likely sailed, but years ago, didn't JC say in his book that he would always have to consider coaching the Celtics if offered???

Reaction Score
You guys are funny. I see it this way:

I love s_ex its in my blood. love it. When I watch s_ex I always feel like I'm ready to get into action.

Then reality follows and my body won't let me do it like I used/want to. And oh how I miss and yearn for it tremendously. In summary a bed to me is like the court to JC.

So if an interviewer were to ask me would I ever have s_ex again, I would certainly never say no even if I was 90 years old.

Reaction Score
Yea interesting answer. I don't think I could stomach watching him coach elsewhere though.
Yeah it would be like seeing your father marry somebody else after 30 years being married to your mother.

Reaction Score
"Hopefully where the ball is bouncing, that's where I'll be"

Love that quote. Hope I got it right

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
JC took the John Thompson path to retirement, but Larry Brown is showing him a different path and the fire still burns. I got the impression that if a call came he would listen....and then his wife would kill him.

Maybe not if he decided to coach Chaminade or Hawai'i.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be shocked to see a comeback after that interview....
He misses some of coaching but he isn't coming back. He misses the kids and coaching the games but I don't think he misses practice everyday, recruiting, academic responsibility, and all the administrative stuff.

Reaction Score
Of course he misses it. How could he NOT miss it ? Its all he did for 4 decades. Heck, the only thing I've done for 4 decades is breath. And yeah, if I suddenly stopped, damn right I'd miss it!

Reaction Score
The reason Calhoun retired had nothing to do with lack of desire or passion. And nothing about the reasons he walked away has changed.

Reaction Score
I just watch the rebroadcast, and it was pretty obvious Calhoun was joking, he was joking about how Larry Brown is 3 years older then him. He mentioned he will always be around basketball that doesn't mean he will return to coaching.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
During that interview JC seemed to have his signature drive and strength. He looked ready to pick up the clipboard again and take on the challenge of motivating and organizing a team that has not experienced much success. He should coach for the tiger team that is hopefully working to get us into a better conference.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If SC offered him silly money he would take it in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
I think most of that was JC just still having that burning desire...never say never kind of thing, etc...

My guess, if he ever coaches again, which I doubt....it wont be in college. It would be at the international level, a spot on our national team...or some random country ponies up big bucks to let him run the show for a couple years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
JC left for his own reasons and I doubt that will ever change. The guy is getting paid mucho dollars being a "consultant" to the school and program. He travels to the games and gets feted about everywhere he goes. He doesn't want to get into the recruiting process and he seems much more stress free - something anyone desires.
He's won 3 nat titles is in the HoF owns several homes in places he loves - what can be better?
Coach again? - maybe as an associate of the Olympics
He's done it all
As far as I know he is UCONN thru and thru

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
JC left for his own reasons and I doubt that will ever change. The guy is getting paid mucho dollars being a "consultant" to the school and program. He travels to the games and gets feted about everywhere he goes. He doesn't want to get into the recruiting process and he seems much more stress free - something anyone desires.
He's won 3 nat titles is in the HoF owns several homes in places he loves - what can be better?
Coach again? - maybe as an associate of the Olympics
He's done it all
As far as I know he is UCONN thru and thru

It was nice to see JC sitting there at UConn games and now the tournament (scouting opponents).

I wonder how much input he is giving Ollie about team strategy and preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom