Press conference to announce Bob Diaco as head coach set for 3:30 pm today | The Boneyard

Press conference to announce Bob Diaco as head coach set for 3:30 pm today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will there be a live feed on SNY, ESPNU, or ESPN NEWS? If so, I'll be watching.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Usually the UConn website streams it live. BUt it would be great if it was on TV.

Reaction Score
Wondering how long it will take to hire OC and DC. That also sends a message to recruits and returning players.

This was the first thing that went through my mind as well. With Fuchs gone, Noye de-committing, Wright open to others, rumors of Newsome, the staff needs to be set and hitting the ground running IMO to stop the bleeding. Curious how many of the current staff will stay. In my mind I would like these coaches to remain because I think they deserve to and for continuity with this incoming class;
  • Weist
  • Foley
  • Day
  • Wholley
  • Buggs (if a true RB coach is available slide him to his more natural DB spot)

Reaction Score
This was the first thing that went through my mind as well. With Fuchs gone, Noye de-committing, Wright open to others, rumors of Newsome, the staff needs to be set and hitting the ground running IMO to stop the bleeding. Curious how many of the current staff will stay. In my mind I would like these coaches to remain because I think they deserve to and for continuity with this incoming class;

• [ ]Weist
    [ ]Foley
    [ ]Day
    [ ]Wholley
    [ ]Buggs (if a true RB coach is available slide him to his more natural DB spot)

Diaco only needs to be at CCSU on Friday night to say hello to Akeel Newsome and he is a done deal. Then go from there.

Reaction Score
Spoke to someone at the Courant sports desk and he said the Courant is working on setting up a feed of the press conference live.

So keep an eye on www.courant.com for info on a live feed to the press conference.

Reaction Score
Diaco only needs to be at CCSU on Friday night to say hello to Akeel Newsome and he is a done deal. Then go from there.

I think so too about Newsome, from his interviews he seems like he wants to be at UConn, but with the instability I can't blame any of them really. Now that it's coming together lets lock them all back in.

and thanks for the link to the press conference

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Arkeel was on TV last night. When I heard he was 5'8" and 180 lbs I thought...again (another shrimp :( )? So hopefully he is legit and worth it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Arkeel was on TV last night. When I heard he was 5'8" and 180 lbs I thought...again? So hopefully he is legit and worth it.

I saw an interview with him last night. As they showed his video he does look smaller than 5'8" 180. Isn't that about Lyle's numbers?

This may mean nothing but I also saw a shot of his arms in a somewhat flexed position and he did not show the cut of a workout rat.

I say that just as an observation and, to me, it means he will need a RS year to get stronger and we should not see him next year.

I am a big fan of Akeel, but a RS year will do him good.

Reaction Score
Arkeel was on TV last night. When I heard he was 5'8" and 180 lbs I thought...again (another shrimp :( )? So hopefully he is legit and worth it.

Go see him play. If you are a UCONN FB Fan in CT you probably should have done that already.

And I would not be surprised if he could have an immediate impact as a KR with his vision, speed and ability to utilize blockers.

Reaction Score
hopefully a terry caulley redux minus the knee injury.. kid is quick as nails. saw him in the state game a few years ago vs ledyard.. he set the state game rushing record that day, pretty easily i might add

Reaction Score
Go see him play. If you are a UCONN FB Fan in CT you probably should have done that already.

And I would not be surprised if he could have an immediate impact as a KR with his vision, speed and ability to utilize blockers.

He's playing about 3 miles from my house tomorrow night. It's going to be colder than any UConn game this year, but I'm thinking of going to see him.

One thing his video did show was his speed and his shifty moves. He has talent for sure.

Reaction Score
I saw an interview with him last night. As they showed his video he does look smaller than 5'8" 180. Isn't that about Lyle's numbers?

This may mean nothing but I also saw a shot of his arms in a somewhat flexed position and he did not show the cut of a workout rat.

I say that just as an observation and, to me, it means he will need a RS year to get stronger and we should not see him next year.

He's definitely faster than Lyle, though. He has those intangibles. The kid is very hard to knock down.

That being said, I still expect him to RS. I don't think anybody's graduating out of the backfield this year so no rush on his development.

Reaction Score
He's the leading high school rusher. Not just in CT - the nation.

I hope he is legit but keep in mind that he plays in Class S in CT. So his yardage totals need to be taken with a grain of salt. Plain and simple he is very much on the smaller side. Not that it means he wont be good because of it but we all need to temper our expectations a little.

Reaction Score
He's playing about 3 miles from my house tomorrow night. It's going to be colder than any UConn game this year, but I'm thinking of going to see him.

One thing his video did show was his speed and his shifty moves. He has talent for sure.

Overdress!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
All I'm really trying to do now is get stuff calmed down at work so I can go watch the press conference at home.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I hope he is legit but keep in mind that he plays in Class S in CT. So his yardage totals need to be taken with a grain of salt. Plain and simple he is very much on the smaller side. Not that it means he wont be good because of it but we all need to temper our expectations a little.

He is the number 20th ranked running back by the recruiting service, Rivals. So this isn't just CTMike's opinion....it's the opinion of a great many people!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Arkeel-Newsome-135336

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
And of course I have a meeting at 3:00-4:00 and will probably miss the presser. Do you guys think UConn will have the footage up on their site afterwards to view?

Reaction Score

Careful, he could be on Medicare by then. I believe he's older than the normal HS Senior. I think he's 19...almost 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom