Press Conference: Coach Duffy UConn Pregame (2/28/2021) | The Boneyard

Press Conference: Coach Duffy UConn Pregame (2/28/2021)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So now I have 3 favorite ND grads- @Dillon77 @Orangutan and Meg Duffy! She even referenced opposing players by first and last name- I can't recall the last time an ND coach did that!

I really hope Marquette can allocate the money to keep her as that will help the conference by having top coaches in the league like the Men's Big East is able to do. Her, Doug, Geno and Denise Dillon at Villanova are great quartet of veterans and newbies to build around.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So now I have 3 favorite ND grads- @Dillon77 @Orangutan and Meg Duffy! She even referenced opposing players by first and last name- I can't recall the last time an ND coach did that!

I really hope Marquette can allocate the money to keep her as that will help the conference by having top coaches in the league like the Men's Big East is able to do. Her, Doug, Geno and Denise Dillon at Villanova are great quartet of veterans and newbies to build around.

Good interview all the way around, from her appreciation for Paige to what her two seniors bring to the mix and the work/fun balance inherent in team sports. Her insistence on working hard and developing players reminds me a bit of Muffet and her ability to get along with her players feels like Kim Barnes Arrico, her other mentor.

As many on this board know, I'm a big Megan Duffy fan and was hoping Jack Swarbrick, ND's AD, would interview the trio of Niele, Megan and Beth Morgan Cunningham. when MM moved on. He chose not to go this way, in part because he was utterly convinced Niele was right (and MM was probably reminding him of that). However, I wouldn't of minded him seeing how well Duffy communicates ideas -- both sports and social -- so he could put a piece of paper in his wallet just in case things change. That said, Megan had/has an ND connection getting to Marquette (AD Bill Scholl worked at ND for nearly a quarter century), so, I'm sure that line is two-way and open.

Look forward to the game tonight and Megan consistently improving the Warrors now and in the future.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Man, I must be getting old, I have now complimented 5 ND grads/basketball players today with this thread and the FOY candidates. I need to go lie down before the game tonight....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Man, I must be getting old, I have now complimented 5 ND grads/basketball players today with this thread and the FOY candidates. I need to go lie down before the game tonight....

It's March, St. Patrick's Day is not too far away and I've got the green and white lights on the deck ;) ?:D
Maybe a Guinness (or three) is in order!

Reaction Score
Breath of fresh air - cheerful, positive, animated. Should make a great recruiter. Best to her.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I guess you have 2 because I didn't go to Notre Dame. Never even set foot on campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom