Press breaker | The Boneyard

Press breaker

Reaction Score
Two things taught are taught in baskeball 101. Do not inbound the ball to the corner and keep the ball off the sideline. We constantly inbound the ball to the corner and dribble up the sideline. Once again basketball IQ is not good.

Reaction Score
Two things taught are taught in baskeball 101. Do not inbound the ball to the corner and keep the ball off the sideline. We constantly inbound the ball to the corner and dribble up the sideline. Once again basketball IQ is not good.

Perfectly acceptable to use the sideline vs the press if you pass ahead.

Problem is we didn't use an actual press break until what, the beginning of the 2nd half? Cole 1v1 was slowing us down way too much, and asking too much of him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Problem is we didn't use an actual press break until what, the beginning of the 2nd half? Cole 1v1 was slowing us down way too much, and asking too much of him.
Cole doesn't have the speed to break it. It also doesn't help we had no one who wanted to help him

Reaction Score

ok to pass the ball along the sideline but do not dribble or be stationary along the sideline. The out of bounds line becomes another defender.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
For the people smarter than me, why don't we have Andre passing from out of bounds? Because he's too flashy and turnover prone? He's our best passer and can see over the defense with his height.

Reaction Score
For the people smarter than me, why don't we have Andre passing from out of bounds? Because he's too flashy and turnover prone? He's our best passer and can see over the defense with his height.

Probably want him out there to catch a long outlet if needed. Just a guess.

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
Which is why we need to run a real press break... cross-screen, SF cuts ahead from half-court... standard stuff.
I thought I was losing my mind... the cuts back to the baseline after a soft, I guess you could call it, cross-screen is major NO-NO when breaking the press (we were instantly double-teamed with not outlet). Screener needs to put a BODY on someone when doing cross-screen and if they cheat you (the cutter) fake going thru screen and back cut. Idk maybe I'm over-simplifying how easy inbounding the ball can be, but something needs to change

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We just make really bad decisions. At one point Martin got the ball in the center of the court and then passed it to Cole in the corner, who was trapped.

Reaction Score
I thought I was losing my mind... the cuts back to the baseline after a soft, I guess you could call it, cross-screen is major NO-NO when breaking the press (we were instantly double-teamed with not outlet). Screener needs to put a BODY on someone when doing cross-screen and if they cheat you (the cutter) fake going thru screen and back cut. Idk maybe I'm over-simplifying how easy inbounding the ball can be, but something needs to change

Getting it in isn't alway the issue. When it comes down to it, you can just sort of box out your man to at least get the ball in most times.

Where we struggles was PASSING the ball after we got it in. Need guys hands ready at half court, and ready to help the guard if he gets double-teamed.

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
Getting it in isn't alway the issue. When it comes down to it, you can just sort of box out your man to at least get the ball in most times.

Where we struggles was PASSING the ball after we got it in. Need guys hands ready at half court, and ready to help the guard if he gets double-teamed.
I guess I was trying to allude to inbounding the ball to a position that leaves us with the advantage (beating the 2-3 defenders pressing) of having a 3v3 or 3v2. Not sure if RJ has the speed to make that happen before people recover.

Out then up vs box out to get it in or cut back to ball and immediate double.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom