President of ESPN, John Skipper is stepping down…citing substance abuse. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

President of ESPN, John Skipper is stepping down…citing substance abuse.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’ve only watched it 3-4 times but it’s the worst show I’ve ever seen.
I doubt it. You actually think it's worse than when they had Lindsey Czarniak at 6pm?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I doubt it. You actually think it's worse than when they had Lindsey Czarniak at 6pm?

I don’t remember ever watching that.

The last time I watched this version Smith seemed less interested in being there than I was in watching.

They actually created the worst commercial I’ve ever seen too. When they were dressed up in costumes talking about how they were going to talk about movies and classic hip hop on sportscenter.

Let’s save Sportscenter - by finding wildly polarizing people and have them not talk about sports. Makes sense.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don’t remember ever watching that.

The last time I watched this version Smith seemed less interested in being there than I was in watching.

They actually created the worst commercial I’ve ever seen too. When they were dressed up in costumes talking about how they were going to talk about movies and classic hip hop on sportscenter.

Let’s save Sportscenter - by finding wildly polarizing people and have them not talk about sports. Makes sense.
Mtv formula? Replace eponymous content (so to speak) with human train wrecks? I think MTV is going on 20 years being music free. Sarcasm off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

That was a cringe. It's not that I'm a regular but I like Smith and I think he has good chemistry with Hill.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Replacing whatever version of SC with Jemelle and Michael was like firing PP to get BD. Or so I think. I don't think I've seen any version of SC in about a decade.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Replacing whatever version of SC with Jemelle and Michael was like firing PP to get BD. Or so I think. I don't think I've seen any version of SC in about a decade.

They need to do away with SC altogether--it serves no purpose. I can see all scores and everything interesting that happened in sports in under 60 seconds, I don't need an hour long show for it. SVP tries with his bad beats and all of that, but even his SC isn't really watchable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They need to do away with SC altogether--it serves no purpose. I can see all scores and everything interesting that happened in sports in under 60 seconds, I don't need an hour long show for it. SVP tries with his bad beats and all of that, but even his SC isn't really watchable.

They gotta put something on. I’d much rather watch that SVP show than nonsense like Highly Questionable or Sportsnation or whoever they still have yelling at each other in the morning.

Good news for SC6 is that the new Greenberg show is shaping up to potentially be worse. What a disaster that is going to be.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Only time I even see SC is in passing at airports, bars, lobbies, etc.

As you said there isn't any reason to wait for a show for highlights/analysis.

Just have the announcing crew for the game do a 2 minute recap on site and upload the video. Why have a studio and separate people to repeat what can already be done immediately after game by crew at the game?

Next step, which has already been experimented with doing, is to not even send announcers. Do the game remotely.

Reaction Score
Only time I even see SC is in passing at airports, bars, lobbies, etc.
Same

As you said there isn't any reason to wait for a show for highlights/analysis.
Really the only reason I ever watched was to see the analysts/players come on to discuss whatever they were brought on for. Now they just do a video call to wherever the person is and they can’t afford to keep decent analysts anyway

Next step, which has already been experimented with doing, is to not even send announcers. Do the game remotely.
I definitely prefer “Players Only” or whatever exactly they call in on NBA TV where ex players (forget who) are in the studio watching the game on the wall screen. Way more entertaining and interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom