President Herbst playing chess while some here trying to jump to last row and call "king me" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

President Herbst playing chess while some here trying to jump to last row and call "king me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Football
-----------
UConn
Rutgers
USF
UCF
SMU'
Houston
Temple
Cincy
Boise football only.

Basketball
--------------
ND (BBall only)
Georgetown
Villanova
St John's
UConn
Houston
Temple
Cincy
Marquette
PC
Rutgers
USF
UCF
SMU'

Shoot. Me. Now.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You get goofier by the minute...CAA? Really? UCONN to the CAA? That is the most absurd comment you have made to date Waylon, which is saying something even for you. All the CAA football programs move up...hmm, University of Richmond just built a "huge" 9k stadium, JMU grew to 25k. Both have been National Champs but it ain't happening based on the huge consolidation to super conferences.
They really should ban you or give us an ignore button.
I think you missed the thread earlier today where he called every southern city awful, poor, violent, and filthy. That was a doozy.

Reaction Score
Is it still schadenfreude if you wish pain upon a team/school that you cheer for? Nah... there must be another german word specifically for that.

Honestly Smithers, I'm starting to think you are not being ironic, and you'd rather UConn get banished to Siberia than for you to be proven wrong when UConn gets invited to the ACC. It's like the goth kids who pray for Cthulu to wipe out civilization, just so they get to watch their school get destroyed.

sp_1214_08.jpg

No wonder he has all day to post he doesn't go to class he just sits outside and smokes

Reaction Score
FWIW

KevinMcNamara33Kevin McNamara

If LVille and/or W.Virg aren't in Big East, watch for NDame to explore ACC move. Losing LVille is a game-changer for BKB schools as well.

Here is his story:

Missouri's decision could hold grave consequences for the Big East. If the Tigers do leave, both Louisville and West Virginia are known to be on the Big 12's short list as replacements. An exit of either of those schools would further reduce Big East basketball and could serve as a catalyst to drive both Notre Dame and the league's basketball-only schools like PC to explore other conferences.

http://news.providencejournal.com/s...uri-on-move-big-east-facing-more-trouble.html

Reaction Score
I think you missed the thread earlier today where he called every southern city awful, poor, violent, and filthy. That was a doozy.
Yes I did in fact miss that enlightening post...most of the people of the south complain that we move from the north to their wonderful cities...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes I did in fact miss that enlightening post...most of the people of the south complain that we move from the north to their wonderful cities...
I've spent a decent amount of time in a few major southern cities over the past two decades. Every one has a version of this this saying" "There are Yankees and there are damned Yankees. The damned Yankees show up in UHauls!".

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Here is his story:

Missouri's decision could hold grave consequences for the Big East. If the Tigers do leave, both Louisville and West Virginia are known to be on the Big 12's short list as replacements. An exit of either of those schools would further reduce Big East basketball and could serve as a catalyst to drive both Notre Dame and the league's basketball-only schools like PC to explore other conferences.

http://news.providencejournal.com/s...uri-on-move-big-east-facing-more-trouble.html

Thanks for the full article. He didn't post the link on Twitter.

Reaction Score
I think the CAA will be better than the MAC if the CAA schools all jump up to D1A. Those are the two choices.
I hope you sell what you are taking...because you will make a whole lot of money!!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is it still schadenfreude if you wish pain upon a team/school that you cheer for? Nah... there must be another german word specifically for that.

Honestly Smithers, I'm starting to think you are not being ironic, and you'd rather UConn get banished to Siberia than for you to be proven wrong when UConn gets invited to the ACC. It's like the goth kids who pray for Cthulu to wipe out civilization, just so they get to watch their school get destroyed.

I wish that UConn would end up in either the ACC or a reconstituted Big East. I am close to indifferent between the two. Beg Harder is not an effective strategy for making either happen. Now that we are where we are, if the Big East dissolves, UConn can join a 22 team CUSA/MWC, or find a regional league. I don't know if CUSA would even invite UConn, but a regional league is probably a better solution for football. Rutgers, Temple, UMass, Buffalo and whatever crawls up from the CAA. Call it whatever you like.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Nelson, there is a hashtag in front of Beg Harder, and it has now been condensed to one word. For future reference, please refer to "Beg Harder" as #BegHarder as it is now a trademarked phrase of the Boneyard. Thank you. That is all.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How can a fan of the school possibly be indifferent to either the ACC or a reconstituted BE as the school's home? At best (and this would have required some creative debating), before the most recent raid some may have been able to argue that the BE was (as an athletic/academic affiliation) equal to the ACC but losing Pitt and Cuse to the ACC skewed that balance completely.

If the recent events have demonstrated anything it has made it clear that the BE's ultimate fate will be as a basketball conference. At some point before this decade is through (likely within a few years) the CYO league many have posted about will be a reality (although ND, Nova and Georgetown will try their best to get out of it). How this can be considered an equal home to the ACC is baffling to reasonable minds but it is also par for the course for certain posters.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How can a fan of the school possibly be indifferent to either the ACC or a reconstituted BE as the school's home? At best (and this would have required some creative debating), before the most recent raid some may have been able to argue that the BE was (as an athletic/academic affiliation) equal to the ACC but losing Pitt and Cuse to the ACC skewed that balance completely.

If the recent events have demonstrated anything it has made it clear that the BE's ultimate fate will be as a basketball conference. At some point before this decade is through (likely within a few years) the CYO league many have posted about will be a reality (although ND, Nova and Georgetown will try their best to get out of it). How this can be considered an equal home to the ACC is baffling to reasonable minds but it is also par for the course for certain posters.

Demonizing a poster for an honest difference of opinion is par for the course for certain posters.

I am not going to spank it like some just because I am in a league with Duke and FSU. The ACC athletic departments are stale and tired, and most are never going to be more than they are today because they have all pretty much been the same for 10 years. SMU and Houston have potential to be much better than they are today. I also like playing the big city basketball schools in hoops. You don't care. On this issue, to each their own.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I wish that UConn would end up in either the ACC or a reconstituted Big East. I am close to indifferent between the two. Beg Harder is not an effective strategy for making either happen. Now that we are where we are, if the Big East dissolves, UConn can join a 22 team CUSA/MWC, or find a regional league. I don't know if CUSA would even invite UConn, but a regional league is probably a better solution for football. Rutgers, Temple, UMass, Buffalo and whatever crawls up from the CAA. Call it whatever you like.
Okay, I think that was a serious response, so I'll give a serious reply. If you think it's distasteful or counterproductive for Herbst or other UConn leadership to publicly advocate for a place in the ACC, and that's what you mean by #BegHarder, that's your opinion and you are entitled to that. I would say, everybody and their grandmother knows UConn wants to get in the ACC, so there's no need to pretend we don't. The only downside I can really think of is by having it in the press, it rubs it into Flipper's face a bit more, but we were never going to win him over anyway. He had the juice to get Pitt higher on the list over us, but he likely doesn't have the juice to keep us out if they go to 16 or if the SEC raids the ACC, and he also may not be around much longer.

Now on the other hand, if by #BegHarder you mean Herbst politicking with ACC contacts, meeting with Fr. Leahy to try to smooth things over, getting compliance, etc. up to snuff for ACC standards, and doing general due diligence, I just don't see how this is counter-productive at all. This is exactly what Herbst needs to be doing, and it fits in with her mission to do what is best for UConn not as an athletic department but as a university.

I also just disagree that #BegHarder was/will be a causative factor if UL/WVU decide to leave. WVU wanted to get out the door BEFORE Pitt/SU defected. If we had made overtures to the ACC before Pitt/SU (and we clearly did not), maybe I could see #BegHarder being a factor for Louisville, but now the Big12 is much more of a drive for what will happen there than whatever Herbst does. UConn was clearly not the only BE school planning contingencies to get out of Dodge. The only one I haven't heard of is USF, and I bet they were making contingencies but managed to keep it quiet (or they just couldn't get any bites).

Reaction Score
There is a "hashtag" # (?) in front of Beg Harder? I thought # was called the pound sign.

Reaction Score
Does that include Houston???

Reaction Score
Anyone want to explain how UConn is powerful enough to keep the big east together with a simple "commitment", but not worthy of an invite to Conference USA? I'd ask waylon how both of those could be true, but he is all out of crayons.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love the excuses for a strategy that has been a complete failure, exactly as I said it would be.

Reaction Score
Anyone want to explain how UConn is powerful enough to keep the big east together with a simple "commitment", but not worthy of an invite to Conference USA? I'd ask waylon how both of those could be true, but he is all out of crayons.

Theatre of the Absurd.

Reaction Score
I love the excuses for a strategy that has been a complete failure, exactly as I said it would be.
This thing is far from over, but if it makes you feel better to pretend it is, then keep telling yourself that Texas A&M isn't going to the SEC too.

Want to explain how UConn has the cache to keep schools from leaving, but yet can't get an invite into C-USA? Or are you read to admit you've become a mockery of yourself?

Reaction Score
If Mizzou goes to the SEC, chain reaction follows:
Big 12 will add Louisville, BYU and Boise State. (WVU as a back up)
No more Big East Football.
Big East will be basketball only with all the remaining schools; possible addition of Butler and Xavier.
The remaining Big East Football schools will play football only in the merged CUSA/MWC or as independent.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Mizzou goes to the SEC, chain reaction follows:
Big 12 will add Louisville, BYU and Boise State. (WVU as a back up)
No more Big East Football.
Big East will be basketball only with all the remaining schools; possible addition of Butler and Xavier.
The remaining Big East Football schools will play football only in the merged CUSA/MWC or as independent.
CAA baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds