President Herbst playing chess while some here trying to jump to last row and call "king me" | The Boneyard

President Herbst playing chess while some here trying to jump to last row and call "king me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn finally sees its plan develop.

WVU and L'Ville, maybe even Cincy if no BYU to Big 12

The hoops schools call a time out in adding weak basketball schools like Houston, UCF and SMU

Notre Dame has no home.

Notre Dame's hand is forced.

The neon welcome sign is flashing at the Hotel ACC, and there is room for one more.

In third place, or worst loser, Rutgers.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm praying it develops this way too. Just hope every assertion of yours is correct. Plus, I hope RU lands on their feet (but not at our expense), if only because of our relationship with them for the past 20 years.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn finally sees its plan develop.

WVU and L'Ville, maybe even Cincy if no BYU to Big 12

The hoops schools call a time out in adding weak basketball schools like Houston, UCF and SMU

Notre Dame has no home.

Notre Dame's hand is forced.

The neon welcome sign is flashing at the Hotel ACC, and there is room for one more.

In third place, or worst loser, Rutgers.

Or, Notre Dame just simply continues to play basketball with the catholics and finds a home for it's various other olympic sports in the MAC or wherever the hell they can find a home.

Reaction Score
Or, Notre Dame just simply continues to play basketball with the catholics and finds a home for it's various other olympic sports in the MAC or wherever the hell they can find a home.
that wont happen.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big 12 has already told ND they can park their non-football sports there.

The ACC holds tight at 14, Rutgers and UConn join the CAA and Herbst turns her renowned begging capabilities on getting the hoops schools to let us leave our basketball program there. Bravo!!!!!

Reaction Score
They want to compete at the highest level. They are estopped from doing that in the basketball-only Big East.

Look at the Director's Cup standings.

Notre Dame is different in its thinking.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

The ACC holds tight at 14, Rutgers and UConn join the CAA and Herbst turns her renowned begging capabilities on getting the hoops schools to let us leave our basketball program there. Bravo!!!!!
Link please.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
The Big 12 reportedly did offer Notre Dame a place to park its sports.

But Notre Dame is an eastern school trapped in the midwest playing parochial school sports, soccer, field hockey, etc.

They go east.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
that wont happen.

Why? Tell me why the most known university in the United States will forego their most important ideal, football independence, because fringe sports like womens rowing or mens diving will have to compete in a lesser league?

Tell me why that is the case.

Every single decision so far has been made about money and/or pride. After nearly a year of this garbage and posturing, ND, once again, America's most well known and legendary football program, will decide to join a conference because they need a spot to put some olympic sports in a conference other than the MAC.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

I know you're into being sarcastic and you love to exaggerate, but even you must think we'd find a better league than the CAA?

Reaction Score
ND doesn't have a field hockey team.

The Big 12 reportedly did offer Notre Dame a place to park its sports.

But Notre Dame is an eastern school trapped in the midwest playing parochial school sports, soccer, field hockey, etc.

They go east.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
This is like watching the film "Funny Games." You kinda know what's going to happen, but you are compelled to go through the agony of following the action anyway.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know you're into being sarcastic and you love to exaggerate, but even you must think we'd find a better league than the CAA?

I think the CAA will be better than the MAC if the CAA schools all jump up to D1A. Those are the two choices.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
We know the only thing that happens before Thanksgiving is WVU to the B12 for Misery. That's about as disruptive as things can get. \

B12 can't get a consensus on team #11 and will wait to see if BYU comes back to them. Lousiville will be rumored as #12 if BYU joins.

Herbst is on the phone now to Neinas and begging harder.

Reaction Score
You guys kill me thinking Notre Dame is joining a conference for football without the 4 super conference thing happening. Unless that happens Notre Dame will continue to be independent. As long as there is a Big 12 it's not happening. There is no reason for them to give up football independence when there will be a respectable catholic-centric BE hoops league and no 64 X 4 playoff type system eliminating the BCS. Notre Dame has the same path to the BCS with or without the BE.

Reaction Score
We know the only thing that happens before Thanksgiving is WVU to the B12 for Misery. That's about as disruptive as things can get. \

B12 can't get a consensus on team #11 and will wait to see if BYU comes back to them. Lousiville will be rumored as #12 if BYU joins.

Herbst is on the phone now to Neinas and begging harder.

Louisville is the top target of the Big 12. Not WVU. Unless you really are David Boren???

Reaction Score

I can see the ACC doing this as well-add ND for other than football sports and make them play 4 games in football. 14 for FB and 15 for everything else (3 pods of 5 works well in scheduling).

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

I try not to call anyone names but it's very hard when you say certain things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattMang23

Reaction Score
FWIW

KevinMcNamara33Kevin McNamara

If LVille and/or W.Virg aren't in Big East, watch for NDame to explore ACC move. Losing LVille is a game-changer for BKB schools as well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think the CAA will be better than the MAC if the CAA schools all jump up to D1A. Those are the two choices.
I realize that your zip code is nowhere near reality but even for you this is out there.

Any luck finding that link?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Is it still schadenfreude if you wish pain upon a team/school that you cheer for? Nah... there must be another german word specifically for that.

Honestly Smithers, I'm starting to think you are not being ironic, and you'd rather UConn get banished to Siberia than for you to be proven wrong when UConn gets invited to the ACC. It's like the goth kids who pray for Cthulu to wipe out civilization, just so they get to watch their school get destroyed.

Reaction Score
You get goofier by the minute...CAA? Really? UCONN to the CAA? That is the most absurd comment you have made to date Waylon, which is saying something even for you. All the CAA football programs move up...hmm, University of Richmond just built a "huge" 9k stadium, JMU grew to 25k. Both have been National Champs but it ain't happening based on the huge consolidation to super conferences.
They really should ban you or give us an ignore button.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Football
-----------
UConn
Rutgers
USF
UCF
SMU'
Houston
Temple
Cincy
Boise football only.