Preseason Ranks of AAC Opponents | The Boneyard

Preseason Ranks of AAC Opponents

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Could you imagine if we were in the s*** show for hoops? Good lord what a mess......
You mean that list doesn't excite you!?!? I'm just shocked...how could anyone not like playing...these fine...alright, yeah, it's pretty atrocious. For football, playing Army and Navy is okay from an exposure perspective, but that list is about as athletically stimulating as watching a race between a rock and dead turtle.

Reaction Score
It was never going to be decent for UConn as it was a conf with virtually no geographical or historical rival and was an amalgamation of schools the big east generally wanted no part of when it was a P conference. Some schools like cincy and ucf made the most of it. It was never going to work here.

Reaction Score
You mean that list doesn't excite you!?!? I'm just shocked...how could anyone not like playing...these fine...alright, yeah, it's pretty atrocious. For football, playing Army and Navy is okay from an exposure perspective, but that list is about as athletically stimulating as watching a race between a rock and dead turtle.
Okay… so where would you slot UConn in the AAC Preseason rankings for 2024?

Reaction Score
The top 3 teams would probably crush us right now. I’d fit us in just below USF. So 5th.

That said it’s very hard to assess UConn this pre-season.

Btw if the AAC took us football-only we should probably take that. It’s better than our current situation.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
@Kembafan gave a good response. We've had a lot of movement, player and coaching-wise, makes slotting a total crap shoot. Given our potential, I'd say UConn is easily top half in that list. Does UConn win the AAC regular season title if it's in that conference, probably not, but that's not the point as those schools are not ones that the university wants to align with.

Reaction Score
i don't WANT to be in AAC football ever again, but I don't see any big 12 invite happening either. They keep using us and i'm starting to get angry.

If there's a gameplan between jim mora and dave benedict on how to get into the P4 party, i wish i could know it. because it feels like there is none and so that makes me vulnerable to accepting a G5 fate in football (i.e. just make a deal with a conference) - except no one wants us, even the G5's. AAC is smoking drugs if they think we'll ever give them basketball again. same with the other G5 conferences.

But they'll say we're smoking drugs if we think we're getting in to their conference without giving them basketball.

I wish there was a way to figure something out partnership-wise with the Mountain West and Pac-2 remnants, if not a conference membership. Even though those schools are not close to us, I really do like the school profiles more than an AAC or CUSA. they're just... better.

I would not mind seeing a slate of games against San Diego State, Oregon State, Wash St, Boise St, Nevada, Fresno, and UNLV. It beats any other G5 situation IMO.

The only card we have is basketball - maybe hurley & geno can throw us a bone and give us a few game slots to give to those teams, in the upcoming years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom