Preseason AAC rankings and such | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Preseason AAC rankings and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the gap between frank mason and nic moore in the pan am games was startling. moore was terrible. Not sure how this dude was destroying the aac last year, and mocking us on his way doing so.

I didn't watch the Pan Am Games, but I'm guessing that could have something to do with the fact that Frank Mason was playing with his college teammates and with his college coach, while Nic Moore was playing with a bunch of kids he has never played with before.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the Pan Am Games, but I'm guessing that could have something to do with the fact that Frank Mason was playing with his college teammates and with his college coach, while Nic Moore was playing with a bunch of kids he has never played with before.
Yeah I guess so

Reaction Score
Tabbing Enoch as an impact frosh is what opened my eyes. I hope he's right.

This shocked me too...I think Enoch is length's away from having a real impact on college games. I watched him play in All-Star games and many times recently in the last few months. He had 25 in a pro AM game, but Nolan also had 32 a few games later, so that speaks for itself. Enoch has a lot of upside, but is still pencil thin and very raw at the moment. I'm always a little Iffy on guys who made such a large jump in the rankings in such a short time. He had a great live period last summer and has come a long way in, but I dont see him making a true impact quite yet this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This shocked me too...I think Enoch is length's away from having a real impact on college games. I watched him play in All-Star games and many times recently in the last few months. He had 25 in a pro AM game, but Nolan also had 32 a few games later, so that speaks for itself. Enoch has a lot of upside, but is still pencil thin and very raw at the moment. I'm always a little Iffy on guys who made such a large jump in the rankings in such a short time. He had a great live period last summer and has come a long way in, but I dont see him making a true impact quite yet this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Enoch may be a bit of a project, but he is in no way pencil-thin. That's the one thing we were excited about with him that he seems to have a college ready body, or very close to it at such a young age, which is different from the last few big guys we have recruited

Reaction Score

you must of entirely missed his prep season. you better believe enoch is going to get a chance to see the floor and make an impact. he is arguably one of the best pro prospects on the team, 6'10 7'4 wingspan averaged a double double in nepsac play. this is coming from barely playing at freaking norwalk high

and bringing up pro am numbers is just strange.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Enoch is like 225-230lbs, hardly pencil thin

Reaction Score
SMU won the league last year and returns its 2 best players, don't get how people can gripe over this, but it is the boneyard
They lost all their rim protection and their best wing defender.

Kennedy's a great offensive player and good rebounder, but there's a reason he didn't start.

Reaction Score
I disagree with so much of that. The one UConn player he has on the all-league team is Brimah? What?
Yeah but this is more of a guard/wing oriented league so if Brimah can average 12pts 5rbs and 3/4blocks he would probably get on the first team all league

Reaction Score
They lost all their rim protection and their best wing defender.

Kennedy's a great offensive player and good rebounder, but there's a reason he didn't start.
He didn't start because his conditioning wasn't up to par after the early season ineligibility. I don't think Tolbert will be the defensive presence that Moreira was but he should be able to slide right into the lineup next to Kennedy just fine. Who was the best wing defender, Manuel? Brown should be able to handle that with increased responsibility.

Reaction Score
Yeah but this is more of a guard/wing oriented league so if Brimah can average 12pts 5rbs and 3/4blocks he would probably get on the first team all league

There isn't a quota for positions appearing on the all-league teams. Last year it was Nichols and four guards. Hamilton and Gibbs should both have significantly better seasons than Brimah, so I'd be very surprised if he were on the all-league team over them.

Reaction Score
He didn't start because his conditioning wasn't up to par after the early season ineligibility. I don't think Tolbert will be the defensive presence that Moreira was but he should be able to slide right into the lineup next to Kennedy just fine. Who was the best wing defender, Manuel? Brown should be able to handle that with increased responsibility.
For sure, they'll find some answers.

But to me their lack of rim protection and one less quality wing defender puts this bunch behind UConn & Cincy.

Reaction Score
He might not be real muscular yet but he is hardly paper thin. Definitely he is a level above a Freshman PN, SO AB or So KF.

Reaction Score
For sure, they'll find some answers.

But to me their lack of rim protection and one less quality wing defender puts this bunch behind UConn & Cincy.

Moreira was a decent shot-blocker, but he wasn't exactly Thabeet. He averaged slightly more than Kennedy and B. Moore on a rate basis.

Reaction Score
There isn't a quota for positions appearing on the all-league teams. Last year it was Nichols and four guards. Hamilton and Gibbs should both have significantly better seasons than Brimah, so I'd be very surprised if he were on the all-league team over them.[/QUOTE]

If he is, I feel we won't be very good, unless he makes huge strides.

Reaction Score
Temple will be an interesting one. They have some veteran talent, but they're going to need some of their freshman to come along quickly, especially Levan Alston. If he can handle the starting PG job, that would be a huge help. Neither Devin Coleman nor Josh Brown is a PG, but both will be forced to handle the ball some next year, and the more time Alston can give them there, the better they are. DeCosey and Morgan should give them enough scoring on the wings, and I think Jaylen Bond can be a quality 4-man in this league. They've got some questions at center, but Watson and Enechionyia could probably form a competent platoon. If Aflakpui can rebound, protect the rim, and stay on the floor, that would also be a huge help.

Does Morgan have another year of eligibility? Thought he was a senior last year.

Reaction Score
yanick.jpg
Moreira was a decent shot-blocker, but he wasn't exactly Thabeet. He averaged slightly more than Kennedy and B. Moore on a rate basis.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I look forward to beating Temple next year. Those losses infuriated me. I'm fine with SMU getting preseason love over UConn, but I'm pretty confident we are a better team this year, and Miller is a much better defensive option against Kennedy than what we had last year. We beat SMU, but lost to them because of Kennedy. I'll take our team over their team any day. I think we have the most talent in the conference, but obviously it may take some time to gel. We should have some strong battles with Cincy. Their frontcourt remains beastly (and their backcourt remains a Cincinnatti backcourt).

I love the summer..no rush for it to end, but come fall, I'll be pretty damn pumped too.

Reaction Score
If we don't dominate the AAC this year, we have no right to bitxh about the AAC. I think we use the league as our whipping boy this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Miller is "under the radar"... Really? He's the second best transfer in this conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom