Premier League 22-23 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Premier League 22-23

Reaction Score
Liverpool's tie last week took most of the drama out of the top 4 and both Man U and Newcastle did what they needed before Sunday. But the relegation race is still on. All three of Everton, Leicester and Leeds have home games, so it will be raucous.

I'd put my money on Everton surviving. They are playing slightly better than the other two and are playing 15th place Bournmouth. Leicester has a chance if Everton flops. Unfortunately, I think Leeds is going to get crushed by Tottenham who is still playing for a spot in European football (although they're in bad form).

It'll be fun watching with my son. Funny that he got my family into Premier League by waking up early when he was 7 and watching games all morning. We each randomly picked a team and 10 years later they're all still there (although my son and daughter did pick frontrunners).

I hate this time of year when European soccer is done and we just have baseball.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I’ve started following the PL a bit since becoming a coach for my daughter’s team just over a year ago. I’ve been watching LFC (mostly on replay) and try to watch other matches if I have a quiet weekend morning. I am sure this question has been batted around many times, but are you all fans of not having a championship match? I know it’s a really long season and this puts 100% focus on that first place finish, but it would be so cool to have a man city - arsenal final.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hate this time of year when European soccer is done and we just have baseball.
Well you have
Euro 2024 Qualifying going on in June.

CONCACAF Nations League Semi-Final and Final in June

Gold Cup in June/July

Women's World Cup in July/August

And Chelsea, Brighton & Hove, Brentford, Fulham, Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Arsenal, ManU along with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Juventus will all be in the states for preseason games.

So there's stuff to watch.

Reaction Score
Well you have
Euro 2024 Qualifying going on in June.

CONCACAF Nations League Semi-Final and Final in June

Gold Cup in June/July

Women's World Cup in July/August

And Chelsea, Brighton & Hove, Brentford, Fulham, Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Arsenal, ManU along with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Juventus will all be in the states for preseason games.

So there's stuff to watch.
Super excited to see how Balogun meshes with the squad. I assume he’ll take part in the Nations League and not the Gold Cup.

Reaction Score
Luton to the Prem! What an incredible story.

I will say though, as with every promotion team, they really need to invest. The team that played today had so little actual quality. Both teams couldn't really link anything together.

Reaction Score
Check out Luton's ground. Things that you'll never see in the USA!

Reaction Score
Chelsea will finish top four...................barely. Arsenal............no.

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea

Arsenal
West Ham

Forest, Brentford, Villa go down.

Man U.......................................................................................DIE!
WOW, did I blow that!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I’ve started following the PL a bit since becoming a coach for my daughter’s team just over a year ago. I’ve been watching LFC (mostly on replay) and try to watch other matches if I have a quiet weekend morning. I am sure this question has been batted around many times, but are you all fans of not having a championship match? I know it’s a really long season and this puts 100% focus on that first place finish, but it would be so cool to have a man city - arsenal final.
There were several championship matches, they just weren't on the final day of the season. Euro football doesn't have the parity that major US sports have because revenue sharing is limited and there is no draft. There is a nascent salary cap (FFP rules) but that doesn't help the minnows as much as it keeps the big boys more competitive with each other, but it has many many loopholes and there has yet to be a major penalty for spending infractions. Man City and Everton are under currently investigation.

City/Arsenal was the defacto championship game. There were pivotal games throughout the season both at the top and bottom of the table. IMO, that is way better than a relatively meaningless regular season. Euro football does have several in-season competitions that provide that playoff style drama if that is important to you.

This season was a bit of an outlier. in that very few teams had anything to play for on the final day. Usually, there are final spots for the CL, and EL in play in addition to the championship and relegation battles. You also can have rivalries play a role where teams take great interest in finishing above their rival or denying their rival a higher spot.

Reaction Score
The playoff to PL promotion was great, but the playoff for Championship promotion was crazy. Sheffield Wednesday down 4-0 to Peterborough after the first leg, they tie up in aggregate at 90+8 of leg 2. OG at 105, then tie it up again at 112 and win on penalties. Good on them!

Reaction Score
Killin time @ Foxwoods lol
IMG_1007.jpeg

Reaction Score
AFC Richmond came so close….
Just marathoned the whole series over the last two weeks. Kinda sucks that Ted Lasso finished after only 3 seasons, but they told the story they wanted to tell, and that's way better than dragging it out just because the show is popular.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion. I'm not sure that's they way to go for this show. A few episodes I needed some time to ruminate.
You may be right; I've gotten used to marathoning the shows I watch, but Ted Lasso may be one of those shows that deserves some introspection and thought after watching some episodes; despite being structured around sports, it's one of the most human and empathetic shows I've watched recently. Don't like waiting for a week when it's being released, however; I like that the different streamers are experimenting with different release strategies-all at once(Netflix+others), batch releases(Netflix Stranger Things S4 and Witcher S3 among others), two at a time (Amazon Jack Ryan S4 currently), weekly ("prestige' shows from various streamers).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ouch Sir lol…Mr. Positive huh
Just sayin'. My brother owed me $30 and I had him put it on Liverpool while he was in Vegas. That was the year they won, he couldn't find the ticket and gave me thirty bucks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Posting this here as Man U supporter, but it has USMNT relevance as well for this:

The No 1 ‘like Harry Kane’ striker on our shortlist is Arsenal’s Folarin Balogun.

The 22-year-old spent last season on loan at Reims in France’s top flight, scoring 22 goals and adding three assists at the tip of Will Still’s 4-2-3-1. It’s already a summer of change for the young striker, having recently declared his national team allegiances to USMNT (he was also eligible for England, for whom he has 28 age-group caps, and Nigeria).

Balogun is good enough to be starting for a European-level club, but is unlikely to find himself ahead of Gabriel Jesus and Eddie Nketiah in the pecking order at Arsenal. As such, he is said to be reluctant to extend his current contract which expires in 2025. Marseille, Monaco, RB Leipzig and both Milan and neighbours Inter are among those monitoring his availability.

If he could solve Manchester United's striker problem, there is reason to think he can solve USMNT's striker problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom