HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
At 7:00 Thursday. Guest Sue, with Kara.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Q: Does Geno have enough to overcome loss of big three?
Geno: May have enough depending on which month we're talking about. Do we have the people to compensate for what we lost? Yeah. Can they do it the same way, at the same level? No, that would be unfair [to expect that].

Geno: (parapharasing) Team doesn't have identity yet. He's seen what team could be but isn't there yet.

Kara: No one [go-to] person yet.
Sue: agrees, needs to be group effort. Team is very talented and when they learn to play together will magnify strengths.

[commercial]

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Game is not listed on ESPN3 as of 7 PM. Checked both live and upcoming. Hope its added soon as I don't have access to SNY

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Refreshed page at 7:12 and Game is now listed on ESPN3. Wish they wouldn't scare me like that.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Crystal: It's crazy, hard to believe some times, just to look up at banners - I feel so blessed.

Kyla: Amazed and proud to be here, hope I can represent UConn.

I missed Molly's comments .

Kara: Lots of expectations of Crystal, to step in Moriah's shoes. Crystal not where Mo was defensively, but Mo wasn't senior Mo as a freshman either.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Re Saniya's confidence, or apparent lack thereof, being shaken by the addition of Crystal to the roster:

Sue: It's not Crystal vs Saniya, Saniya is more of a SG, Crystal can be PG, they complement each other (my paraphrase)

Kara: Not a lot of depth [at guard], Geno will need several rotations, will make them versatile.

Reaction Score
I misspoke. Sorry, typing fast.

Not a problem. I used to be able to watch the pregame but not anymore and thought there may have been changes. Thanks for posting.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Re: tough early schedule.

Geno: Our players are going to learn to suffer, to learn adversity, that this isn't a fairy tale that never ends. Are going to find out awfully soon "What do I do now?". That excites me more than anything else. We look at last 3 years at the big 3, they got embarrassed sometimes but they built on it and they learned. All other players know is "When's the parade?", that's not normal. They're going to learn what's normal.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sue: They know what they're about, they're UConn and they're going to go about things that way. (sorry, mangled that. She meant that the players have the "we're UConn" attitude)

Kara: (re: schedule) Geno says "I don't schedule cupcakes". You're going to learn fast.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Meg Culmo and Eric Frese: Kalani Brown is 6-7, an imposing figure. UConn is undersized, hard to imagine UConn can slow her down.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Where can UConn gain advantage tonite?

Kara: Must rebound, get into transition. Get 'em tired, up and down the court. Deny the post.

Sue: UConn extremely quick, can take players off the dribble, can capitalize on that. Can't give up the offensive boards.

Kara: Almost want to lose, to get it out of the way. Geno would hate to hear that!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kara: Don't worry about what you don't have, play to your advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom