Pregame in Hartford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pregame in Hartford

Reaction Score
Providence is much higher if you're a mob member
Saw my life flash before my eyes when a Providence mobster threatened to kill my friends and I before smashing every window in my friend's car.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sweet, went to plenty of shows back in the day at Uconn 04'-08' there. Saw John Scofield with MMW.
Nice! I love the A Go Go album they did together, but I've never seen them perform live together. Saw Scofield at Toad's Place many years ago. Great player.

Reaction Score
Nice! I love the A Go Go album they did together, but I've never seen them perform live together. Saw Scofield at Toad's Place many years ago. Great player.

I've seen Wilco plenty times. Such a great band. Even saw Tweedy with his son up in Northampton. Yeah Scofield is good. Have fond memories back in college of going to all these little music venues and bars in New England to see bands play when the jam scene was still going on. Northampton was a great place.

Reaction Score
I've seen Wilco plenty times. Such a great band. Even saw Tweedy with his son up in Northampton. Yeah Scofield is good. Have fond memories back in college of going to all these little music venues and bars in New England to see bands play when the jam scene was still going on. Northampton was a great place.
Saw Wilco and Flaming Lips on New Years Eve at MSG in 2004 and Wilco at Millennium Park in '07. Great shows, always thought they would become bigger.

Reaction Score
Saw Wilco and Flaming Lips on New Years Eve at MSG in 2004 and Wilco at Millennium Park in '07. Great shows, always thought they would become bigger.

Wilco or Flaming Lips you thought would become bigger?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been a big fan since the pre-Wilco, Uncle Tupelo days and have seen them more times than I can count in venues big and small across the country. Really one of my favorite bands, and probably the only band formed after the 70s that I count among my favorites. I love seeing the Tedeschi Trucks Band but don't find myself as attracted to their studio albums; whereas I can still listen to Wilco's first album, A.M. and a handful of others pretty much anytime and still love them. I like the way the band has changed and kept it interesting, too.

Tweedy's recent memoir was a great, easy read. Pretty funny in spots, too. He's a very self-aware and deliberate guy.

Reaction Score
I've been a big fan since the pre-Wilco, Uncle Tupelo days and have seen them more times than I can count in venues big and small across the country. Really one of my favorite bands, and probably the only band formed after the 70s that I count among my favorites. I love seeing the Tedeschi Trucks Band but don't find myself as attracted to their studio albums; whereas I can still listen to Wilco's first album, A.M. and a handful of others pretty much anytime and still love them. I like the way the band has changed and kept it interesting, too.

Tweedy's recent memoir was a great, easy read. Pretty funny in spots, too. He's a very self-aware and deliberate guy.
Yup read that too, I've listened to a lot of Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt as well. Not as crazy about the newer Wilco stuff, I did like that acoustic album that Tweedy did "together at last." Nels Cline is worth the price of admission alone for any Wilco shows though. Wilco's sound has changed a lot, maybe its torn a lot of fans who like their earlier sounds YHF/Being There/ etc. I remember sky blue sky coming out in college and enjoying it a lot when others thought it was "Dad Rock." Seeing a live Impossible Germany though is always a highlight for me .

Reaction Score
I have been to 48 capitals. I had business in many and often stayed multiple days. Hartford is darn close to the top ten.

LOL. I don't think Luke Bronin would put Hartford in the Top 10.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I must’ve read Margarittavile and had a flashback into drunkenness.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seeing a live Impossible Germany though is always a highlight for me .
They did a great Impossible Germany in New Haven a few years back. I just went to look it up and that was 2016. Doesn't seem that long ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom