Preferring Tennessee's record over UConn's in NC games...really ?? | The Boneyard

Preferring Tennessee's record over UConn's in NC games...really ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While reading some ND postings on McGraw's Bench@NDNation, many of which are very interesting and often UConn related, I was struck by one in particular and the perplexing conclusion it drew:

"Fighting Artichoke: I hear some UConn fans brag about being 9-0 in Nation Championship games and that seems a bit puzzling to me. While the record is outstanding, that means that they have only made it to the game 9 times, whereas Tennessee made it many more times (albeit with a worse record in NC games). I can understand being thrilled with having more NC than Tennessee, but Tennessee has a better record of MAKING it the game in the first place. Tennessee has made it to 13 NC games, and is 8/13. UConn has made it to 9 NC games, and is 9-0. I would rather my team made it to the NC game 13 times and won 9 than making it only 9 times and winning all of them."

Wow! Really? Oh, btw, Tennessee has won 8 NCs.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There's the "don't take other board stuff to this one" rule on the BY, but yes, preferring 13 finals appearances to nine championships is asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom