Predictions for St. John | The Boneyard

Predictions for St. John

Reaction Score
I think if the defense intensity continues we should be fine. Need to contain Champagnie. Kind of a interesting matchup. Who covers him? UConn 67 St John 61

Reaction Score
I have a funny feeling about this one. St John’s is coming off a tough loss vs Marquette, we struggled vs DePaul our last game. I think this maybe a close one down the stretch with us coming away with a narrow victory 63-60. Our defense is solid, but we need Bouknight’s offense.

Reaction Score
Slow start, per usual. Champagnie is going to keep the Red Storm in the game. Our defense needs to be on him like glue. Not sure who our breakout player will be. Every game without Bouk we feed the hot guy, it’s worked out well so far.

Hopefully we start making some damn free throws! We can’t have teams stick around by missing the freebees

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IF St Johns plays as a team and doesn't resort to hero ball it will be a real tough game - they are athletic as hell
IF UConn can lock down on D and not commit stupid fouls it will get into their heads and UConn can exploit that.
It will be close for much of the game

Reaction Score
Hate to do it.

We are going to have big time trouble
turning the ball over vs. their defense.
We fall behind in the first half make a run but our push is too little to late.

We loose this one on the road

Good guys 61
Redmen 68

Reaction Score
if ppl are bleeding @ practice, i’m leading dh

Reaction Score
If UConn hits its outside shots it’s a W. This will be the first game where driving to the hoop and/or relying on our bigs to score would be N/G. Johnnies have really good shot blockers and interior D.

On the flip side, UConn’s D is going to cause STJ problems. If UConn doesn’t give up fast break points I don’t see the Johnnies scoring much.

Reaction Score
Hate to do it.

We are going to have big time trouble
turning the ball over vs. their defense.
We fall behind in the first half make a run but our push is too little to late.

We loose this one on the road

Good guys 61
Redmen 68
You can save this one for 1/31 when the Huskies play at St. John's.

So now that they are at home what's your prediction?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If it's just St. John I say he keeps it close in the first half but our 5 man to man eventually wears him down.

Reaction Score
After getting a taste in the Butler and DePaul games, Tyrese Martin will continue to get significant time at the 2 guard.

I am fully on-board with this experiment as it continues to help provide lineup flexibility for this year and next.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really enjoy watching this St John’s team. They are scrappy and have so many games that go down to the wire. Honestly, without Bouk, I think this is a real scary game for us. I have to pick the good guys, but I can’t say I am confident at all. UConn 71 - SJU 68.

It seems like there are points available on the fast break against SJU when I watch them. Hopefully, Gaffney and Martin can get out and run a little today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
D plays well. .Close game. .FTs "ice" the game for the Good Guys.. 70-65

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger