Prediction: Uconn 87 UCLA 56 | The Boneyard

Prediction: Uconn 87 UCLA 56

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Many of you are nervous and doubtful UConn will win without Lou. You think we might struggle. Im not. Z at 6'6 will cause problems for UCLA. UCLA is a very good team but there is no way, player for player on defense they can guard UConn. Yeah we will be down a player off the bench. That could be a problem if we get in foul trouble but when was the last time we were in foul trouble? Im not really concerned. It will be a hard fought game at UCLA but we will win and win big because of defense. Remember a few years ago we took on a brutal schedule without Bria Hartley and KML and it wasnt close. Always be positive. This UConn team is a monster team. We are too quick too very very quick for UCLA. Canada is quick and Billings is quick and they will get some points but Geno has a game plan and the girls play that plan so relax and enjoy and if it gets tight have an adult beverage. UCLA had a great game against Baylor. They played their hearts out. Geno in the papers said alot of nice things about UCLA and Im sure UCLAs confidence is through the roof. They may come out on fire but once UConns defense settles in turn out the lights. If you all think this is Geno best team or close to it dont worry. If you dont I will sell you a life insurance policy and collect my money on Wednesday. Only kiddling LOL UConn by 20+

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've UConn by 18-22. UConn's offense with Z just isn't consistent enough right now to do much better. Unless somehow there is a improvement in their rhythm, their recognition, their reaction and their flow, I don't see more. Now, will this come? Oh yeah baby. In time. Just not by tomorrow.

The caveat is if Dangerous hits her 3's at a high rate, as does Kia. If Pheese snaps out of her offensive funk and Gabby nullifies Billings and cuts out silly TO's. If Z stays out of foul trouble and is the handful she should be against smaller foes, and the team plays consistent defense. Well, it's UConn by 35 at the half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm concerned about the flight mostly, but also about UCLA's quickness and Lou's absence. I hope we win by 30, but I'll take a win with a modest margin. Our half court offense has been rough so far. I'll be there and be loud.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was nervous over the MD game and predicted a close game (< 10 pt win). How great it felt when they blew the handles off of MD early. Keeping with the pattern, and not wanting to disrupt karma, I think it will be a nail-biter UConn 95 UCLA 91 but would welcome an easier game.

Reaction Score
I was nervous over the MD game and predicted a close game (< 10 pt win). How great it felt when they blew the handles off of MD early. Keeping with the pattern, and not wanting to disrupt karma, I think it will be a nail-biter UConn 95 UCLA 91 but would welcome an easier game.
I was also surprised by MD's weaknesses. Or was it us?

I'll go 80 - 60, our gals.

Reaction Score
UCLA has a very good team, as evidenced by beating an admittedly depleted Baylor team by 15.
All of the conditions favor UCLA.
They're more rested then we are, they're playing at home and we will be missing AA KLS. While I expect a UConn win, I don't see a blow out.
UConn 82 -UCLA 72

Ps. If we do win this game by 20+, UConn just might be as good as Tony C thinks they are.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I also expect a reasonably close game. UCLA has speed and athleticism that rivals the UConn players. UConn has the better starting five, even with KLS sitting out. That should be enough for UConn to win the game 79 - 68. I would be concerned if Azura' gets into early foul trouble as I'm not sure Megan Walker is ready for this high profile game in what should be a hostile environment. Gabby will have her hands full with Monique Billings and will Crystal be able to handle Canada to limit her production. UCLA has the players that can beat UConn, IF they can handle UConn's Defensive Pressure. Don't think they will.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
West Coast trips are tough. UCLA will compete to a degree we haven’t seen yet. I think the team responds but I suspect the top 6 are gonna log a lot of minutes. We win 90-75.

Reaction Score
Last year UCONN went essentially 6 deep against UCLA and was played fairly evenly in the second half. Canada and Billings had great games. We got strong games from Phee, Gabby and Chong. UCLA competed for 40 minutes. They are probably better this year and we are probably about the same due to KLS injury, although having Z in the middle on defense will be very helpful. Close game with tenacious defense from both sides....77-69 UCONN.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No chance. UCONN has to travel 3000 miles to play the #4 team on their home court, without KLS, on one days rest (a traveling day). No way, no how. Baby bears pretty easily. 82-69.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom