Prediction: American Media Day | The Boneyard

Prediction: American Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thoughts on what we will see tomorrow at the media day in Orlando. My prediction:

Coaches poll:

1. UConn
T2. SMU
T2. Cincinnati
4. Tulsa
5. Temple
6. Memphis
7. Houston
8. UCF
9. East Carolina
10. Tulane
11. South Florida

POY: Nic Moore (SMU)
ROY: Jalen Adams (Uconn)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Nix Moore is still at SMU? If he goes back to back player of the year it reflects poorly on the conference, the kid is mediocre.

I agree with you 100%, but do you think they'll unseat the incumbent in the preseason vote?

Reaction Score
I agree with you 100%, but do you think they'll unseat the incumbent in the preseason vote?
No, I just find his game unimpressive. He's a chucker whose chucking helped lead to early exits in the tournaments.

Reaction Score
If a mediocre is a 15 pt 5 assist 2:1 A:TO 42% 3 pt, 89% FT shooter, what's your definition of good?
From what I've seen of him he feasts on weak competition and gets exposed in big games.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
From what I've seen of him he feasts on weak competition and gets exposed in big games.
Which games John? He was 6-11 from 3 and 4-4 from the line against UCLA. That's the only early exit from the tourney I'm aware of. It wasn't Nic Moore's fault.

Reaction Score
Which games John? He was 6-11 from 3 and 4-4 from the line against UCLA. That's the only early exit from the tourney I'm aware of. It wasn't Nic Moore's fault.
Can't remember exactly and don't want to look it up, remember him missing an easy side open shot that would have won the game against UCLA.

Reaction Score
Can't remember exactly and don't want to look it up, remember him missing an easy side open shot that would have won the game against UCLA.
He had 24 points and was the only guy who did anything at all for SMU outside of Kennedy. Moore is a great player and not a chucker at all.

Reaction Score
SMU lost on a goal tending call. Nic had a VG game. SMU won the conference last year and Nic was a deserving POY.

Reaction Score
He had 24 points and was the only guy who did anything at all for SMU outside of Kennedy. Moore is a great player and not a chucker at all.
Most of his biggest games came against the dregs of the league, I only caught midway through the second half where UCLA took the game over and Moore wasn't able to steady things and missed the wide open jumper to win the game, looks like he had a big game and my memory is clouded a bit by how he and the team finished so poorly. I just don't think he's that good and think he chucks, you think he has a good shot selection and is great. We will agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
i looked at his game log and last year he definitely did struggle against stronger teams in the conference and against Arkansas + Gonzaga...but if you look at the year before last season he put up great numbers against all the good teams with the exception of louisville once.

Reaction Score
Think SMU still gets #1 and we and Cincy vie for #2. Hope they don't throw the Huskies #1 just not a fan of the hype, like the underdog role for the guys.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
I just don't think he's that good and think he chucks, you think he has a good shot selection and is great. We will agree to disagree.

People who didn't watch shabazz liked to call him a chucker.

I hate acknowledging it too but Nic Moore is a very good basketball player. He certainly dispatched us pretty neatly several times.

Reaction Score

I hate acknowledging it too but Nic Moore is a very good basketball player. He certainly dispatched us pretty neatly several times.

He's an a** no doubt, but the kid can flat out play. Not as good as Shabazz but a massive headache for any opponent.

Reaction Score
If a mediocre is a 15 pt 5 assist 2:1 A:TO 42% 3 pt, 89% FT shooter, what's your definition of good?
To some, any every player thought more highly than a UConn player is mediocre in comparison. Just imagine if this Board ran the polls, AA and conference candidate selections and NBA draft. Its a criminal thought to mildly think/suggest any player is better than ours.

As for Nic Moore if we had him we wouldn't need Gibbs, and he would automatically be considered AAC POY with no argument on this board.

Reaction Score
Moore can definitely play. I think when he played us the second and third time last year, we did a pretty good job neutralizing him and making them find other ways to score on us. I also think that if our team had a better supporting cast and won more of those close games that it would have been a toss up between him and Boat for AAC POY - they had very similar stats. Moore made a lot of clutch shots for SMU last year that sealed a lot of victories for them.

Reaction Score
Nix Moore is still at SMU? If he goes back to back player of the year it reflects poorly on the conference, the kid is mediocre.
Who was better to receive it last year? And although UCONN has a few candidates, they will keep Nic at preseason until someone proves otherwise. Tulsa also has a couple of players that can make a case.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on what we will see tomorrow at the media day in Orlando. My prediction:

Coaches poll:

1. UConn
T2. SMU
T2. Cincinnati
4. Tulsa
5. Temple
6. Memphis
7. Houston
8. UCF
9. East Carolina
10. Tulane
11. South Florida

POY: Nic Moore (SMU)
ROY: Jalen Adams (Uconn)
I agree that it should play out like this but I do think Memphis will be much better. They also seem to play Cincinnati and SMU better then everyone else.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

great job by SMU representing the conference last year

the only team to help us represent in either conference for the past 10 years is Louisville, with a rare exception here or there

Reaction Score
great job by SMU representing the conference last year

the only team to help us represent in either conference for the past 10 years is Louisville, with a rare exception here or there

I will agree with you willie a bit overhyped but mediocre is not accurate. May be a d**k and not likable to us but he can play. Also agree he will not win the POY again nor should he.

Reaction Score

Shabazz and Nic Moore should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom