Predicting The AAC Seeds In NCAA Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Predicting The AAC Seeds In NCAA Tournament

Reaction Score
The committee chair comes on every year and says they never try to pick teams/seeds based on matchups, but everyone knows thats bull. Two interesting storylines are Pitino Jr playing Louisville, and Bobby Hurley facing his former school Buffalo if he wins the play in game.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The committee chair comes on every year and says they never try to pick teams/seeds based on matchups, but everyone knows thats bull. Two interesting storylines are Pitino Jr playing Louisville, and Bobby Hurley facing his former school Buffalo if he wins the play in game.
two lunatic coaches in cronin and the iowa dude.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice on CBS they used "Power 6"? Pac 12 was included in that...

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I tend to lean towards coincidence in instances like that. I don't know what favors that really does for the NCAA. The tournament games already get incredible ratings.
There are bound to be storyline matchups when you pit the 68 best teams against each other.

Reaction Score
I tend to lean towards coincidence in instances like that. I don't know what favors that really does for the NCAA. The tournament games already get incredible ratings.
There are bound to be storyline matchups when you pit the 68 best teams against each other.
Its probably a little bit of both honestly. The tournament always gets great ratings, but they always try to push a story

Reaction Score
Lol neither did Texas. I really like Memphis’s chances in that tournament.
I thought they had a chance to win the AAC tournament and steal a bid. They were playing well down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Big East too.

Not good to hear that same old song played on national broadcasts, but the AAC has played itself into that narrative with poor showings in the tournament outside of 2013 and 2014.

If we have three or four teams advance to the second round (third for Temple) and get two in the Sweet Sixteen you'll be hearing, "sure looks as if the AAC is a conference on the rise. Put together when the Big East broke up, the AAC is a blend of schools that have hired excellent coaches and may be on the cusp of returning to the days when UConn won its fourth National Championship in the league's second year."

Reaction Score
Houston about right, Cincy deserved a 6 particularly ahead of Maryland. That said, i agree them being in Columbus is a big, big plus. Almost like a home game. I think Cumberland is from right down the road.

kobe

Reaction Score
Houston about right, Cincy deserved a 6 particularly ahead of Maryland. That said, i agree them being in Columbus is a big, big plus. Almost like a home game. I think Cumberland is from right down the road.
yep he's from Wilmington which is between Cincinnati and Columbus. 62 miles south of Columbus and 54 miles north of Cincinnati.

kobe

Reaction Score
but i am concerned that the cbus locals are gonna show up and root for their b1g bros. still think we'll have a decent crowd advantage vs tennessee (they have a pretty decent following around here, a lot of alums)

Reaction Score
but i am concerned that the cbus locals are gonna show up and root for their b1g bros. still think we'll have a decent crowd advantage vs tennessee (they have a pretty decent following around here, a lot of alums)
I doubt OSU fans care enough about basketball to go pay money to root for a big ten team.

Reaction Score
Fran Mccafferty is a big whiner. No way anyone outside of an Iowa fan will root for him. That said, i have hard time believing Iowa can keep that game in the single digits. Cincy is way to athletic for them, and i'm not sure they've dealt with anyone like a Cumberland who will put the throttle down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom