Predicting 19-20 most improved | The Boneyard

Predicting 19-20 most improved

Reaction Score
My pick is Whaley.

Roster says he added 10lbs of muscle although I think it it’s more like 15+ Plus he added a shot, should get mins, and starting to get comfortable in Hurley’s system.

I honestly think he will be the Mamadou Diarra we never had a chance to see in action. The ‘dou could have been a good player but chronic knees got in the way. Respectfully, happy to have him as a coach.

who do y’all think Is going to surprise from our returning group of guys.

also, go Huskies! Pumped to start the season!

Reaction Score
I think it’s Whaley too. I’m on record from the beginning as a porkchop believer. I think a lot of people will say Adams and i think he will be solid but I don’t think he’s going to get a lot of minutes once Bouknight is back.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Whaley is the easiest choice for most improved player in recent memory. Sleeper is Brendan Adams.

pj

Reaction Score
Gaffney. Will get substantial minutes as the backup point.

Otherwise it's hard to see who could surprise after Whaley. Maybe the best of Polley, Wilson, or Adams. Bit of a logjam at the 3, especially if you include Bouknight at that spot.

pj

Reaction Score
What exactly is he supposed to improve from? His first scrimmage? He was here last year.

It's pretty easy to improve from high school. But, if we limit it to returning players, then Whaley, Wilson, Polley, or Adams. Maybe Carlton takes another step.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
With Springs unable to play this season, Whaley will surely have the chance to improve on the court.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Carlton - with the additional size, he now takes up serious space underneath. As the 'Round Mound of Rebound' proved space can be as effective as height. I am looking forward to the day when Josh goes full 'Bewast Mode' on the court.

Reaction Score
I’m voting for team as most improved
We have so many guys with things to prove the competition will be incredibly
AG that he can get through a season unscathed and be a that great UConn PG
CV that he is not only a winner but that his on ball skills are improved to the point were he can translate them into marketable tools
Carlton that he could be among if not the best 5 in the AAC.
Polley that he is more that a catch a shoot guy.
Whaley that the hard work in adding weight and a shot can translate into
meaningful minutes
Adams that he belongs at this level
Wilson that the presence of such great athletism can be actualized in the
development of an not only an offensive game but defense as well.
I can’t recall where kids that have played together so long still had so much to prove.

Possibly the NIT championship team.

The freshman always have something to prove mostly they belong or since they are so highly regarded that they live up to the hype.
The most important is they can become a team that exceeds the sum of their individual talents.
That’s true success.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm gonna go with Polley, he's gonna need to shoot more, and you'd hope his ability to put the ball on the floor has improved.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm assuming everyone has Whaley or Adams.

The only other two options for this are Wilson or Polley. Polley showed incremental improvement last year and he's going to be a low double digit scorer this season. He will again be incrementally better as a junior than he was as a soph.

Sid certainly has plenty of room for improvement, has minutes available at his position and has athleticism. He has had zero buzz coming out of the summer and fall camp. This could be good but usually is indicative of a flat improvement curve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom