Predict the rest of the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Predict the rest of the season

Reaction Score
Given that we've seen two completely different teams and the variance doesn't seem to have much to do with the opponent I don't know how anyone could possibly hazard a guess as to where this thing's gonna end up.
Exactly...thats why I don’t think we should be looking at predictions too far out. We have an absolutely brutal four game stretch coming up (Tulane, Wichita, @Villanova, @Houston). Tulane is first, and they will not be an easy out by any means. I would sign up right now for 2-2 over the next four games. They are all going to be tough games, but as long as we show some progression, basically no more blow out losses, then I think that will get the bad taste out of my mouth from Cincy and USF. The only prediction that I will make is that we are not nearly as bad as we looked in our last two games.

Reaction Score
Exactly...thats why I don’t think we should be looking at predictions too far out. We have an absolutely brutal four game stretch coming up (Tulane, Wichita, @Villanova, @Houston). Tulane is first, and they will not be an easy out by any means. I would sign up right now for 2-2 over the next four games. They are all going to be tough games, but as long as we show some progression, basically no more blow out losses, then I think that will get the bad taste out of my mouth from Cincy and USF. The only prediction that I will make is that we are not nearly as bad as we looked in our last two games.
That’s important to point out. It puts things into perspective. We really aren’t as bad a team as we’ve looked the last 2 games. Give us Cincy and USF 3 weeks ago and we win going away. They’ve shown they’re capable of better against better competition. That’s something we haven’t been able to say the last couple of years

Reaction Score
That’s important to point out. It puts things into perspective. We really aren’t as bad a team as we’ve looked the last 2 games. Give us Cincy and USF 3 weeks ago and we win going away. They’ve shown they’re capable of better against better competition. That’s something we haven’t been able to say the last couple of years
I agree 100%, and thats why I think theres so much frustration because its like we just fell off a cliff. Last year we were blown out twice before conference play even started by Iowa and Villanova. I felt a lot better this year because we did not have any blow out losses before this. I know the St Joe’s game was bad, but we showed up to every game we’ve played and gave a solid effort. Something was just off, and that was not the team we watched in November and December.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I hope this is the case. My concern is that when opposing coaches have time to game plan Hurley, we get games like Cincinnati and USF.

Reaction Score
To me this isn't complicated. This team can't win on the road. They haven't been able to win on the road for years. I see that continuing to be an issue throughout the season.

I can see them winning some games at home, even against good teams in this league. But the road record will not be good.

Reaction Score
Well, I said after the Xavier loss that this team was a slightly above .500 team and it would be great to make the NIT. As knowledgeable as folks seem to be on the BY, it is almost like you guys don't watch college basketball. There is a big difference between good teams and really good teams. In college basketball anyone can beat anyone on any given day. Once you get into your conference schedule - and I don't care what conference you are in - there are no gimme's no matter what KenPom says, especially on the road.

It is more than talent and coaching. There is gelling as a team and having the will to win (winning culture). Talent is improving, playing a team is improving but having that ability to pull out a close game is not there yet. The way I felt, the fact that they did not actually beat Xavier was an indication that we were not there yet. Everyone said I was re-acting to the loss instead of focusing on that we took a ranked team to overtime and almost won. Coming close is still a loss. Really good teams win those games. Period. Indiana is another example of a game we "should have won" but didn't. Still a loss. I am not at all surprised by the last two losses and I won't be surprised if we beat some of the top AAC teams later this season - especially at home. But getting 18 wins and going to the NIT this year? I think that is the ceiling.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I don’t like predicting anything until I see us play but since we almost half way thru...

Home: 7-2
Away (plus Nova): 2-5

18-13 (7-9)
18 Ws would be the top end . We could easily flirt with a losing record.
I think this is likely going to be closest to correct. And should register an NIT.

Of course, given the last two games, the risk of underperforming is substantially higher than overperforming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom