Precious | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have to disagree, I think Geno is/was keenly aware of the UCONN scoring record. Napheesa was on a roll @ USF to the tune of 39 points and could have made a run at the record. Napheesa was pull with 39 points. Lou was on a roll had already broken a UCONN record and she was pulled at 40 points. Too coincidental IMO. KLS scored 5 more points after the lead had reached 50 points. The lead was also 60 points when KLS was pulled (93 to 33). Gabby, Napheesa, KLS & Kia all came out of the game at the same time-10:00 mark of the 4th Q. My guess is that Geno doesn't want Sophomores breaking all time UCONN records and have to live with that for 2 more years. :D

We know Geno does not keep track of how close a player may be to breaking a record, but someone on his bench does. Sometimes a media person, or a stat person from UConn sitting at the media table will alert the assistants, who then pass it on to Geno. I wonder if this were the championship game with STANFORD, and Lou was 7 points away from breaking the record with 12 minutes left to go in the game, would he pull her under those circumstances?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Sales will hold that record as long as geno is the coach.

On a message board, posters can say with absolute confidence pure conjecture that they have no way of knowing. The above quote fits this perfectly. I call it the trump card of the message board.

Reaction Score
On a message board, posters can say with absolute confidence pure conjecture that they have no way of knowing. The above quote fits this perfectly. I call it the trump card of the message board.
I tell it like it is. That record has stood for over 20yrs, so your saying no one had the chance to break it in all that time? As long as most of you have been watching geno coach you still can't read him?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think the only way someone breaks it is if it's a close game and we need all those points to win. There's just no way Geno is going to run up the score in a blowout by allowing one of his players to score 50. I don't think it has anything to do with the record.

Reaction Score
The players that play at UConn don't care about individual records. Therefore this is a non-story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom