Precious Update??? | The Boneyard

Precious Update???

Reaction Score
I may have missed something posted but does anyone have an update how the Kansas visit went??? Am curious where we stand. Also isn't Chapel Hill this weekend?

I holdout major hope to get him still. Especially with Kofi scholarship now open. He would be so important to our program and Uconn return to the Big East Calhoun days. Gosh I loved watching them-But back to Precious now-Getting him would be not just immediate team improvement, but also media boost for recruits.

C'mon Precious!

Reaction Score
MV5BMTk3NDM4ODMwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTYyNDIzMw@@._V1_.jpg

Far as I know there are no plans for a sequel. Sorry if you got your hopes up.

Reaction Score
And Bynum chose us over UNC but no others are coming to mind.

Jalen was a fall back option for KU. 'Ville was the strongest school actually pursuing him.

Squid tried to get involved with Dre but that didn't go far.

Deandre had offers from UK and KU. Not sure how involved UK was but that was a bizarre recruitment.

Majok had offers from UK and KU. Another strange recruitment.

Sticks had a UK offer but pre-Cal was so different.

Kelly had a UNC offer. I don't remember that recruitment at all. I didn't follow recruiting prior to 2006 so I have no idea how "real" the following offers were.

Adrien had a KU offer. Rudy with a UK offer. AJ with a KU offer. CV with a KU offer.

Suffice to say, our on court success was a lot better than our recruiting success, but we still landed a bunch of studs. Just not as many as people may assume.

Reaction Score
Jalen was a fall back option for KU. 'Ville was the strongest school actually pursuing him.

Squid tried to get involved with Dre but that didn't go far.

Deandre had offers from UK and KU. Not sure how involved UK was but that was a bizarre recruitment.

Majok had offers from UK and KU. Another strange recruitment.

Sticks had a UK offer but pre-Cal was so different.

Kelly had a UNC offer. I don't remember that recruitment at all. I didn't follow recruiting prior to 2006 so I have no idea how "real" the following offers were.

Adrien had a KU offer. Rudy with a UK offer. AJ with a KU offer. CV with a KU offer.

Suffice to say, our on court success was a lot better than our recruiting success, but we still landed a bunch of studs. Just not as many as people may assume.
Good list and yes we did get plenty of studs but nothing like the other big boy programs. As you point out some of our guys were fallbacks for the biggest big boys like Kelly, Adrien, and Sticks. We got Ben because Duke wouldn't offer him, Rudy we beat out Maryland, and some of our best ever fell in our laps with CV coming here once Self left Illinois and Donyell when Cuse got sanctioned, Boat when Huggins recruited over him. We've also gotten screwed over in recent years when other schools showed recruits the money.

I forget who we beat out for AJ, Kansas may have been involved.

C

Chief00

Good list and yes we did get plenty of studs but nothing like the other big boy programs. As you point out some of our guys were fallbacks for the biggest big boys like Kelly, Adrien, and Sticks. We got Ben because Duke wouldn't offer him, Rudy we beat out Maryland, and some of our best ever fell in our laps with CV coming here once Self left Illinois and Donyell when Cuse got sanctioned, Boat when Huggins recruited over him. We've also gotten screwed over in recent years when other schools showed recruits the money.

I forget who we beat out for AJ, Kansas may have been involved.

In recent years, the perfect class schedules did not stack up well to the piles of cash.

Reaction Score
Urghhhh not only is it rocking at UNC but hes hanging out with Cole Anthony..... #doomed

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I heard PA was going to Gonzaga

There's a song I am betting very few here remember when it first cameout - brings back memories of field parties after soccer Friday games in High School - a bonfire, some beer, a high school squeeze and a little smoke

Reaction Score

Bacot, UNC signee, tweeting following the game. Sat with Cole Anthony and Precious during the game.

Reaction Score

Bacot, UNC signee, tweeting following the game. Sat with Cole Anthony and Precious during the game.

Damn, that's a genuine downer. Like, how do we compete with the UNC pitch? It's kind of a no brainer to have Cole Anthony dropping dimes to you all year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom