Precious Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Precious Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The tough part is it is hard to explain why we are where we are without mentioning he’s the reason
A reason. A big reason. But not THE reason. But you do need to put a face to it.
Conference realignment-30%
-no more prime time or traditional rivals. Plus the travel for us more than anyone else,save Cincy, is brutal.
Depressed coach-25%
Yeah. He was sad and burned out and went through the motions towards the end. Kinda.
Sanctions-25%
Jimbo didn’t leave us in the best situation and it hurt us for a few years. Emmett’s stiffy for us hasn’t helped and is far from a secret.
Negative recruiting-20%
Not only were recruits told Calhoun is retiring or he’s sick or he’s too old, Ollie was going to the lakers for 4 years straight following the ship.
I know everyone has their issues but it’s like a perfect storm with 0 protagonists. Everyone st fault. This is just my opinion and I really wanted to some % talk tonight.

Reaction Score
Give KO a team with a well constructed roster with veteran leadership & he was a good coach. His ability to keep that group together, motivated, and to accomplish what they did was masterful. I don’t think ANYONE could have done what he did with that group.

His inability to construct his own roster & capitalize on that initial success is equally as bad as he was those first two seasons. We can use the AAC argument, but that is an excuse & quite frankly that considered, he was still horrendous.
That’s called an “associate “ head coach.

Reaction Score
Nicolas Carvacho is who we want. CO State center and eligible to grad transfer from a bad team.
Considering the remaining HS bigs I prefer we grab a grad transfer and then try our luck again with a Kofi-esque big in the class of '20.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Please note that when used in cases other than the wordmark, the word UConn should simply be written as ‘UConn’ not ‘UCONN’. Likewise, the words UConn Health should simply be written as ‘UConn Health’ not ‘UCONN Health’ or ‘UCONN HEALTH’.

Fonts | Brand Standard

This has been the case since the 80's. Nothing has changed. There is a difference between the abbreviation in text, which is UConn and the Wordmark, which is what appeared on every Blue or Grey Champion Hoodie I bought at the Co-op, which is UCONN. We did also see "Connecticut" back then, and that is scarce now it seems.

Reaction Score
We're 17th because it's early and the classes are not filled out yet. We may rise with a couple good additions, but are more likely to drop once Duke and the others grab the top players. We can hope though!!!!

Top 30 is probable, Top 25 possible, Top 15 potentially, and Top 10....well no.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Give KO a team with a well constructed roster with veteran leadership & he was a good coach. His ability to keep that group together, motivated, and to accomplish what they did was masterful. I don’t think ANYONE could have done what he did with that group.

His inability to construct his own roster & capitalize on that initial success is equally as bad as he was those first two seasons. We can use the AAC argument, but that is an excuse & quite frankly that considered, he was still horrendous.

This post is spot on, in my opinion. Good take.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
just because some have asked........

NEXT

For old time sake...

1547144147081.png

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
just because some have asked........

NEXT
THANK YOU for putting us out of our collective misery. Until the NEXT time...

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Oh I think it would be very explicable...
Can someone fill me in on why Kofi chose Illinois? Are they hiring his dad as an assistant or something? His mom becoming the Bursar?

Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in on why Kofi chose Illinois? Are they hiring his dad as an assistant or something? His mom becoming the Bursar?

Illinois is not obvious. It’s a good school, beautiful campus, great fanbase, fun and legit college town.

Reaction Score

They went all out on the visit (athletic director sat next to him during the game, etc.), he and his mentor have a strong relationship with assistant coach Orlando Antigua, it's in a power conference, and he has a few friends on the team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I hate and love this all at the same time

It brings back bad memories for sure. We all still have Stockholm syndrome.

But hopefully, we can just post it now and again to remember the tough times.

I personally never thought we had a hope in hell of Precious, so I wasn't fussed about this in the least. Maybe in 3 years we will be able to land a guy like this...but not now.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Bold move by @Zionn considering Precious has lots of time before committing. Hopefully something changes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom