Precious Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Precious Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Precious should be the #1 priority until we are out of the race. You can’t give up on a program changing recruit in your first year Wahab as a #2 priority, no big deal if he doesn’t come, we could snag a grad transfer to play big and try our luck in 2020.

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the KO hate on here. The guy won a national championship for us his first year...yes I get it was Calhoun's players, but he still coached the team. These kids didn't just practice and play the whole year by themselves lol. Yes, his following years were a debacle, but the dude did win us a ship...we gotta cut him a tiny inch of slack right??

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the KO hate on here. The guy won a national championship for us his first year...yes I get it was Calhoun's players, but he still coached the team. These kids didn't just practice and play the whole year by themselves lol. Yes, his following years were a debacle, but the dude did win us a ship...we gotta cut him a tiny inch of slack right??
The tough part is it is hard to explain why we are where we are without mentioning he’s the reason

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I would rather get a grad student next year than force a high school kid who doesn't belong.
You never thought that I was referring to a high school kid who can play? Wahab and Mitchell are both capable for the future and present.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
You never thought that I was referring to a high school kid who can play? Wahab and Mitchell are both capable for the future and present.

My statement was more towards if we strike out on all three of Kofi, Wahab, and Mitchell.

Reaction Score

Hey not for nothing but you don’t even know that KO did not win a National Championship his first year !!!!

It was his second year.. Any real UCONN fan knows that..

I guess you are indeed a troll with your lack of actual knowledge.

Reaction Score
Hey not for nothing but you don’t even know that KO did not win a National Championship his first year !!!!

Relax it was a little mistake.

Any real UConn fan knows it spelt "UConn" for University of Connecticut. Not UCONN. Day one stuff man, I guess you just have a lack of actual knowledge?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The tough part is it is hard to explain why we are where we are without mentioning he’s the reason

Well ... in fairness, it wasn’t all Ollie. He had a conference change, lingering sanctions (post-season and recruiting) to deal with.

He had clear deficiencies that have become even more apparent as time has passed, but that was a tall task for any coach to navigate, let alone a freshman head coach following up a hall of farmer.

Of course, this has all been talked about ad nauseam and we should probably have a moratorium on the word “Ollie” on the boneyard.

Reaction Score
maxresdefault.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not anymore. UCONN rebranded to all uppercase. No more UConn or Connecticut.
And I hate that they did that. It's made it VERY difficult to find branded merch with "University of Connecticut," which I have always preferred.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And I hate that they did that. It's made it VERY difficult to find branded merch with "University of Connecticut," which I have always preferred.

Yeah it was lame. Tho my primary gripe is typing caps from varying/new machines and browsers etc

Reaction Score
Not anymore. UCONN rebranded to all uppercase. No more UConn or Connecticut.

Please note that when used in cases other than the wordmark, the word UConn should simply be written as ‘UConn’ not ‘UCONN’. Likewise, the words UConn Health should simply be written as ‘UConn Health’ not ‘UCONN Health’ or ‘UCONN HEALTH’.

Fonts | Brand Standard

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Please note that when used in cases other than the wordmark, the word UConn should simply be written as ‘UConn’ not ‘UCONN’. Likewise, the words UConn Health should simply be written as ‘UConn Health’ not ‘UCONN Health’ or ‘UCONN HEALTH’.

Fonts | Brand Standard

Sweet, never using UCONN again!

Glad the new system is nice and clear. Good job on their part.

Reaction Score
And we are #17 without Precious or Kofi so that's good news.

We're 17th because it's early and the classes are not filled out yet. We may rise with a couple good additions, but are more likely to drop once Duke and the others grab the top players. We can hope though!!!!

Reaction Score
If you are mentioning Lubin to make a point I'm not sure why you didn't respond that way to the original poster

KO was at times a great talent evaluator. Remember when Lubin compared himself to Sir Charles and KO said, "you're no Charles Barkley"?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Damn, he's a troll b/c of the slight mistake?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I lost any respect I had left when he accused the school of racism. Hope he walks with nothing.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Fonts | Brand Standard

lol @ UCONN HEALTH.

“Please tell the doctor at UCONN HEALTH that I’ve chosen Yale over UCONN HEALTH, though I have the highest respect for the doctors at UCONN HEALTH.”

Reaction Score

Give KO a team with a well constructed roster with veteran leadership & he was a good coach. His ability to keep that group together, motivated, and to accomplish what they did was masterful. I don’t think ANYONE could have done what he did with that group.

His inability to construct his own roster & capitalize on that initial success is equally as bad as he was those first two seasons. We can use the AAC argument, but that is an excuse & quite frankly that considered, he was still horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom