Precious to Memphis | The Boneyard

Precious to Memphis

Reaction Score
Wow. Memphis is really loaded next year. Gonna elevate the conference if they are as good as they should be.

Never thought we'd get this kid. Kinda glad he didn't go to UNC.

Reaction Score
Seems like the staff really misevaluated how the recruitment$$ would go down with their only bigger wing target and their primary big. They are grinders, gotta learn from this and not make same mistake like KO did over and over...and over again, i trust they will, but they aren’t new to the game so a bit surprised.

Regardless, love our class so far and let’s close with Ntambwe or a big that can help.

Reaction Score
Seems like the staff really misevaluated how the recruitment$$ would go down with their only bigger wing target and their primary big. They are grinders, gotta learn from this and not make same mistake like KO did over and over...and over again, i trust they will, but they aren’t new to the game so a bit surprised.

Regardless, love our class so far and let’s close with Ntambwe or a big that can help.
Hurley is new to THIS game. He’s never recruited at this level. The recruits he targeted at Wagner and RI weren’t getting the benefit$ these guys he’s recruiting now are offered

Reaction Score
Dang, I thought we were gonna grind that one out...

Reaction Score
And so it ends, with this recruit. I'm confident staff will lock up another quality player.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Sid is pretty much the only player on our roster who can guard him...

Reaction Score
This is not true. I would be shocked if Akok or Polley isn't his primary defender. He can't shoot. Why would you put Sid Wilson, a full 40lbs lighter, on a player who can ONLY drive.

I think you try too hard to have unique takes too often.
Sid is the most explosive athlete on the floor, bar none. He’s raw. He needs maturity and skills development desparately.

Reaction Score
Sid is the most explosive athlete on the floor, bar none. He’s raw. He needs maturity and skills development desparately.

Yes. Though you underestimate Precious. This still has little to do with what I wrote.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
This is not true. I would be shocked if Akok or Polley isn't his primary defender. He can't shoot. Why would you put Sid Wilson, a full 40lbs lighter, on a player who can ONLY drive.

I think you try too hard to have unique takes too often.
Neither of them can guard Achiuwa. Polley is a very similar player to Delaire. Achiuwa embarrassed delaire on the circuit, it got so bad they had to take delaire off him mid game. Akoks got great length but his foot speed is too slow he’ll be better against traditional bigs.

Reaction Score
Neither of them can guard Achiuwa. Polley is a very similar player to Delaire. Achiuwa embarrassed delaire on the circuit, it got so bad they had to take delaire off him mid game. Akoks got great length but his foot speed is too slow he’ll be better against traditional bigs.

You're correct that we don't have someone who can guard a strong, athletic 4 well. That's why we were killed by Cook the Iowa kid last year.

That being said, you're delusional if you think Sid could do better than Akok or Polley. Precious CANNOT shoot at all. He is downright terrible. Any coach with half a brain cell is going to counter him with length and play way, way off the shot. Force him to pass to his left hand and shoot. Foot speed is less important because he's an incomplete player. In the half court, every coach in America knows he's going to try to jump stop on the right block and finish.

Sid is literally 3 inches shorter and 40lbs lighter than precious. You think he's going to be able to defend him on the drive. He may have the foot speed but he's going to get bullied and eaten alive.

IF the game becomes too fast and Precious is getting out in transition, you may need to counter with Sid as his check.

Whether Delaire and Polley might be similar is irrelevant. I saw the tweet about that game too. This isn't AAU it's a high-major organized defense. Did you watch that game? The defense was terrible by everyone. Because that's how NE6 works. It's about showcasing talent, not winning games.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom