Precious Achiuwa | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@tcf15 when can we expect the next wave of commitments? Can it happen between now and October?

Reaction Score
Something to consider too - Jerry Meyer made this pick after attending the Pangos AA Camp. Precious Achiuwa was one of the guys playing there so Meyer could have gotten some legit info that made him pick UConn.
Kofi was at the camp too, maybe him and Precious talked recruiting

Reaction Score

Interested to hear if he has any insight on where his recruitment stands. He made a handful of crystal ball picks following Pangos, with Precious to the good guys being the most recent.

Reaction Score
One thing I didn’t realize, according to Zagsblog:

“I think everybody in the country should offer him. The kid is that good and he’s got a 3.8 GPA, so he’s the complete package on and off the court.”

3.8 GPA. Good for you Precious. Truly an on and off the court specimen.

Reaction Score
One thing I didn’t realize, according to Zagsblog:

“I think everybody in the country should offer him. The kid is that good and he’s got a 3.8 GPA, so he’s the complete package on and off the court.”

3.8 GPA. Good for you Precious. Truly an on and off the court specimen.

Nigerians generally are not allowed to get anything but good grades. He's probably in deep crap for missing that .2 on his GPA (only partly joking)!

Reaction Score

Interested to hear if he has any insight on where his recruitment stands. He made a handful of crystal ball picks following Pangos, with Precious to the good guys being the most recent.

Here's what I asked him:

How'd Precious Achiuwa look at Pangos? What are you hearing on his recruitment? Can you expand at all on the reasoning for your UConn crystal ball pick?

Here's what he said:

He didn't look that good. Skill level and processing of the game just not progressing like hope for. Athletic of course, but didn't look overwhelmingly athletic. Didn't look like a 5-star at Pangos.

Hearing that UConn is definitely the team to beat in his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Here's what I asked him:

How'd Precious Achiuwa look at Pangos? What are you hearing on his recruitment? Can you expand at all on the reasoning for your UConn crystal ball pick?

Here's what he said:

He didn't look that good. Skill level and processing of the game just not progressing like hope for. Athletic of course, but didn't look overwhelmingly athletic. Didn't look like a 5-star at Pangos.

I don’t know how I feel about this. On one hand we are the front runner for a 5 Star. On the other hand it doesn’t seem like he’s as good as advertised

Reaction Score
Here's what I asked him:

Here's what he said:

Not the worst thing in the world, if he isn't a finished product it may steer him away from a Kentucky or Kansas in order to develop some more. Kentucky seems to refine almost-finished products more than they do develop players.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how I feel about this. On one hand we are the front runner for a 5 Star. On the other hand it doesn’t seem like he’s as good as advertised

If true, I think that is great for us. Maybe he is not a true 5 star but instead a 4 star with high potential that would have to stay in college at least 2 years.

But he also may have just played bad at the camp, which can happen to anyone.

Reaction Score
Not the worst thing in the world, if he isn't a finished product it may steer him away from a Kentucky or Kansas in order to develop some more. Kentucky seems to refine almost-finished products more than they do develop players.

Ollie didn't have a good track record with guys falling in the rankings. Let's hope Hurley is better in that regard.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm sure scouts go into watching the top small forward in the country with the expectations that they take over the game in every facet.
Just because he isn't what people thought he was doesn't mean it's concerning for us. It could help us in terms of if the big fish are detracted away from him.

Reaction Score
If true, I think that is great for us. Maybe he is not a true 5 star but instead a 4 star with high potential that would have to stay in college at least 2 years.

But he also may have just played bad at the camp, which can happen to anyone.
He’s definitely a 5-Star, just may not be the ~Top-5 ranked player that we think. I’d say put him around 15-20 in this class right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's what I asked him:

Here's what he said:

Some kids don't thrive in that open camp type setting. And one day doesn't make a player.

I wish he was trending dowb, but he's actually been going UP this spring. At, what, #6 in the composite now?

Reaction Score
We def are the leader for him and Delaire at this point.
Do we know if these are two guys who are going to take their time with their recruitment? I thought I saw something about Precious on how he was not going to decide until next spring but I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
I think I worry because of his brother that went to St. Johns. If I remember correctly he was a top recruit and was a big bust.

Reaction Score
I think I worry because of his brother that went to St. Johns. If I remember correctly he was a top recruit and was a big bust.
Kinda like Ajou Ajou Deng and Luol Deng? Haha ... one can only hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits