Precious Achiuwa | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like what I have seen from Hurley and his staff for 19. looks like the focus is on wings and bigs. this staff has high energy and laser focus.

Reaction Score
In general, I wouldn't want to recruit one and done players, but Achiuwa could be one of those go-to guys in '19 that helps return this team to dominance.

Precious, Wilson and Polley make up a talented group of 6'7 wings.

I'm all for being positive but Polley is a beanpole who got pushed around in the ACKkkk and did not have a good freshman year and we haven't even seen Wilson play maybe let these guys show something first before labeling them a talented core of wings

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Damn, Dan Hurley is a busy man. Love it!
Dan's a man with a plan. Feels like he's working off his "build a program" checklist.

1) Assess strengths and weakness and pick out narrative that promotes program.
2) Promote that narrative in media.
3) Choose targeted recruited area.
4) Assemble quality coaching staff with connections in targeted recruiting area.
5) Assess strengths and weaknesses of existing players and recruits particularly as they fit into preferred vision for team and program.
6) Recruit existing players and existing commits that fit plan, if any.
7) Assess available 2018 talent pool and recruit to fill immediate holes. Where no four year player is available, plug holes with grad transfers.
8) Start building desired team with 2019 player.​

The guy is just checking these off one after another.

Reaction Score
I say get the best talent you can - one and done or not.
I pray there is a time in our future when we can complain about having too many players leave early for the NBA. Thats the type of "problem" I would love to see UCONN having moving forward.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dan's a man with a plan. Feels like he's working off his "build a program" checklist.

4) Assemble quality coaching staff with connections in targeted recruiting area.
5) Assess strengths and weaknesses of existing players and recruits particularly as they fit into preferred vision for team and program.
7) Assess available 2018 talent pool and recruit to fill immediate holes. Where no four year player is available, plug holes with grad transfers.

”How to Hurley”

Reaction Score

Does pizza come in between steps 4 and 5?

Reaction Score
In general, I wouldn't want to recruit one and done players, but Achiuwa could be one of those go-to guys in '19 that helps return this team to dominance.

The staff needs to pick their spots in recruiting 5* kids so as not to waste energy. A kid playing for Kimani's old AAU team and Hurley's old HS team seems like a good spot.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Hurley can recruit all the 1 and dones he wants if he thinks we can get one or two of them. It's not like we are ever going to turn into Duke or Kentucky where we are going to be able to start four 1 and dones. If we are lucky, we can maybe get one every once in a while, which does far more good than harm.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Hurley can recruit all the 1 and dones he wants if he thinks we can get one or two of them. It's not like we are ever going to turn into Duke or Kentucky where we are going to be able to start four 1 and dones. If we are lucky, we can maybe get one every once in a while, which does far more good than harm.
Yeah I think this is correct. If we get a one-and-done every four years or so I'd be pretty happy with that as it'd restock our NBA ranks and almost certainly help the on-court product here.

If that process starts with Lecque or Achiuwa, that's fine by me!

That said: Getting and developing quality 3- or 4-year guys – and thus creating roster balance – is the most important thing in rebuilding the program. That's how we turn into something close to what we were, or how we turn into what Villanova & UNC have been this decade.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Watching New Heights this season will be fun, we're essentially recruiting their entire starting lineup.

Reaction Score
Watching New Heights this season will be fun, we're essentially recruiting their entire starting lineup.

Mulcahy, precious, who else? I havent followed uaa teams at all recently

Reaction Score
If we were able to pull in this kid and Lecque our perception would be changed immediately. In a good way

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Umm you forgot #1...

Talk to Chief.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
UConn hasn't been connected with him at all (yet).
We haven’t been linked to him? There was all sorts of speculation on this site once Young got hired.

Reaction Score
We haven’t been linked to him? There was all sorts of speculation on this site once Young got hired.

No real connected sources, including my own, have mentione anything. People on here talking and real connections are very different things.

Reaction Score
I know I said Kofi is my top pick for this class, but I REALLY want this guy too..

Reaction Score
Nope we haven’t actually had contact with him to our knowledge. Today was the first time we’ve been linked to Achiuwa too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom